PDA

View Full Version : lower back/grion pain

tamo
28-07-08, 11:25
Folks,I haven't posted for a while regarding any symptoms I have had.This one is annoying me so I thought i'd ask you kind people if you have had or heard of anything similar.

Symptoms (been going on for 3 or 4 weeks)
Really stiff across base of back and feeling of weakness in muscles at top of buttocks right round to the groin area.Odd shooting pains going up back passage.Bouts of constipation.Feeling very tired.

Anyone heard of this combination of symptoms?

Thanks all

Tom

Lisa D
28-07-08, 11:55
Hey Tom,
It could be some kind of pulled muscle? The constipation bit could be because your muscles are tightening in your lower back and body in terms of spasms, and so causing your muscles to contract causing constipation?
The shooting pains seem to suggest a trapped nerve or something too.
If you're really worried, you could drop into your local NHS Walk-In Center if you have one. I've gone in the past with a suspected kidney infection- those kind of symptoms- I had a dragging pain and pressure in my lower back. They performed muscle checks on me quickly, and found it was a muscle causing my trouble. Could be a fast way to rule one thing out?
Hope that helps even slightly

precious78
28-07-08, 12:03
tamo I have had a similar thing recently for a couple of weeks. It's on the right side and when I bed forward I can feel the muscle just above right buttock relaly pulling. My thighs feel strained as well. I am not convinced that it isn't a bug that is taking a long time to shift, but it is an odd one.

tamo
28-07-08, 13:31
Thanks guys.
I have been under alot of extra stress over the past 6weeks and just keep telling myself its anxiety related which is what the GP would probaly say anyway so I will persevere for another week and try and forget about it.
I do know by now that this old anxiety can cause an amazing list of weird symptoms.Perhaps I am holding my back muscles a certain way to keep panic at bay.That is what we do without us even knowing,it's the body getting ready for flight.I know all this so I must get back to basics.

Cheers.

Tom

kate
28-07-08, 17:21
Does the pain shoot down the buttock and back of the leg? If so, it's probably Sciatica. I've suffered with this for the past 2 months though it's eased a lot just lately.

If it persists, maybe worth visiting your GP for a correct diagnosis.

Kate

seeker
28-07-08, 21:24
it could be IBs - one of the symptoms is a shooting pain down the rectum. Does sound a bit nerve like, too - I get achy back and shooting pains as you describe, too. Hope you feel better soon.

precious78
30-07-08, 10:27
tamo

How is your back now?

I am in agony today with my lower back. It feels like the pain is in my pelvis and radiating up slightly. I am getting pulling in the front of my thighs as well as in my buttocks.

ANy dieas anyone cos it is agony.

tamo
30-07-08, 11:37
Reluctantly I went to the GP and she thinks its being caused by a combination of IBS and muscle tension. She gave me a load of fibre gel to sort out constipation which she thinks has been caused by IBS and too many co-codamol 30/500

I am reasured

Thanks guys