PDA

View Full Version : We Can Do It.............

Wenjoy
28-07-08, 12:02
:) Wow - firstly, its 30 degrees here today in the south and I feel quite ill in the heat - panicky and breathless. Nevertheless - had dentist check up this morning and apart from being very sweaty and hyperventilating in the chair -managed the 15 minute check up and felt faint when I left the surgery but went and called in on a new shop looking for a job - gave them my cv the other day and called in to see if they needed a secretary ornot. Wow - I sat down and used some of the guys papers on his desk to fan my red sweaty face and apologised to him stating that "i am a lady of a certain age and dont like the heat! " he was fine and asked me if I could start next week - wow - like - how did I do that???? I am sure if I had a proper interview and had to arrange a proper time etc I would have got all worke dup but because I was in control (*Im a self confessed control freak) I felt it was me calling the shots so I just threw myself in at the deep end!!!

Now at home - sweaty and tired coz of the heat and happy to have a job at last!!

Wenjoy x

lorac
28-07-08, 12:07
Well done Wenjoy what an achievement you have had today.

I don't know how you achieved anything in this wheather I am sitting on the sofa doing nothing its far too hot for me today you put me to shame with the dentist and a job interview you did really well.

Carol

Veronica H
28-07-08, 16:51
Hi Wenjoy
What great news for you. Well done. They say that this illness is all about the fear of fear and having the courage to face your fears head on. You are proving that today. I went into the high street in this heat and that was enough! Best wishes in your new job.

Veronica H

Wenjoy
29-07-08, 09:40
Thankyou - thank goodness its cooler today but no rain !!!
I wish I could get over this heat thing!
Wenjoy x