PDA

View Full Version : agraphobia housebound

beverley gango
28-07-08, 19:06
hi am beverley i have been suffering with anxiety panic and agraphobia for best part of 20 years on and off with the agraphobia but at the min i am housebound is there any 1 out there in the same situation would really love to chat 2 sum1 going thru the same as me ,everyday is the same i also have 3 kids n try my best but would love to b able to go out with them and have fun thats my main goal , but its just so hard im trying my best but just cant seem 2 leave the house , xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

belle
30-07-08, 09:41
Hi there,
Sorry you are housebound, i know how that feels, 'cause i was roombound for quite a while, too scared to go upstairs....in fact, i was frightened of everything.
Just to let you know, you are not alone :)
Feel free to PM me..

x

marie1974
30-07-08, 14:00
hiya and im sorry your agroaphobia is playing u up at the moment, i have 3 kids too 11, 9 and 4 and it would drive me crazy not being to able to go out so i do feel for you. mayb if you take little steps, start with the garden and just venture alittle further until mayb you get to the shop or some sort of milestone for you. kids can be a big help to, i know my 2 eldest are boys and if im having a bad day and if we are out and about thyey are great at keeping my daughter entertained and also they help me in the shops and stuff. you will get there just take it slow, set yourself little goals hugs xx

sunnydays
30-07-08, 15:05
Hi Bev!
I too am agrophobic and hate leaving the house. It's awful, isn't it? I have one child, a daughter of 15 and would love to take her on holiday but I can't. When I do force myself to go out I get terrible panic attacks and hyperventilate, my legs feel weak and I feel like I might pass out. I really do sympathise with you as I know all too well what you're going through.

love
Sunny

titchjd
30-07-08, 15:35
Hiya and welcome I too have agoraphobia caused by my severe anxiety and panic atacks I went 2 see my counsellor last week as had a bit of a breakdown and she says i need 2 start taking small steps...easier said than done its a constant mind battle as I know I should do something each day and for the 1st few days i did well just walking round the street (very small took bout 2 mins ) and had anxiety but did it but then had a bad day the other day and now dont want 2 go out again ....but I know I have 2 .
What has caused your agoraphobia ?
You can get there and it wont be easy but if you think that each little step will eventually lead u 2 your goal u can do it xxx
I wish u all the best xxxxx
Titch xxxx