PDA

View Full Version : I am new here - please help

kiamba
28-07-08, 21:45
I have suffered health anxiety for the last few years.
it affects my marriage, my husband says i have a different symptom everyday and he is right but i am sick of it.
my latest symptom is a type of gripping feels below bottom left ribcage last night it was as though i felt it contract. it scares me and i cant sleep properly cant tell you the last time i slept all night because of this.
i was put on Zoloft originally and it did work but then i went off and on them so many times that they dont work anymore and when i go the dr and tell him i cant sleep when on the zoloft he just tells me to take more of them - that isn't the answer i would happily take medication but no zoloft
can anybody help me please.

kiamba

marie1974
28-07-08, 21:50
hi kiamba and welcome to nmp, HA is very very common and u will get lots of help and support here, i always think it comes on worse when u are feeling low and not happy about somthing, i know when i had it , its was something that always triggers it. keep posting and we will do our best to help u hun hugs xxxx

Trixie
29-07-08, 08:08
I have suffered health anxiety for the last few years.
it affects my marriage, my husband says i have a different symptom everyday and he is right but i am sick of it.
my latest symptom is a type of gripping feels below bottom left ribcage last night it was as though i felt it contract. it scares me and i cant sleep properly cant tell you the last time i slept all night because of this.
i was put on Zoloft originally and it did work but then i went off and on them so many times that they dont work anymore and when i go the dr and tell him i cant sleep when on the zoloft he just tells me to take more of them - that isn't the answer i would happily take medication but no zoloft
can anybody help me please.

kiamba

For any medication to work it must be taken as prescribed by your doctor, taking it intermittently will not be of any benefit to your welfare.

Start taking it again as directed and then, if a few months later you find it doesn't seem to be working can you ask your doctor to think about prescribing something else.:)

Fingers crossed it does the trick this time.