PDA

View Full Version : Music!?

pooh
29-07-08, 05:08
Hi All!

You know me and my questions hehe!

Been sitting here listening to music on the headphones for hours and got to thinking how theraputic it can be.

So...........the question is.....what music helps you cope and deal with anxiety or that you simply relate to?

Pooh

Jaco45er
29-07-08, 10:55
I like a bit of the Manics, floyd, Marillion and Radiohead, no wonder I get anxiety ;)

The Fool
29-07-08, 11:49
pop music lol cuz i end up singing and dancing along and then im not thinking about panic anymore :) plus its fun lol

samc100
29-07-08, 16:54
It depends on my mood.
At the moment it is very mellow with abit of Richard Hawley and abit of Carole King cos' I can sing to her album tapestry.

Though I can not listen to rave/dance/house now because that bass beat makes me feel panicky as I discovered the other week.

yorkylover
29-07-08, 17:06
I agree with Sam here depends on the mood.Some tunes really upset me and get me down,such as somewhere over the rainbow by any artist.Can't listen to that at all.(it was played at my grandads funeral):weep:

I do like Jazz,and dance music always lifts the mood.:yesyes: I love simply red.

samc100
29-07-08, 17:08
There is a song called Warning Sign by Coldplay and that makes me cry everytime I hear it.

Franz
29-07-08, 17:37
Why can you only select one type of music?

pooh
29-07-08, 17:52
sorry francis cause im crap at doing polls LOL

Coni
29-07-08, 19:58
I like various types of music...depends how Im feeling and what Im doing....for the gym I love really up tempo loud music....my favourite at the moment is the killers....or oasis....something to boost my energy....but I also like some classical, a bit of pop and some motown too....anything really lol!

Coni XX

marie1974
29-07-08, 23:11
i dont like anything slow and depressing i love something i can dance too and go abit mental lol

Captain America
29-07-08, 23:36
i like all styles as long as the song is good. as for what i've found helps me with anxiety for some reason oldies do it for me, like 50's and 60's music.

maybe it gives me some kinda perspective on how it doesn't matter how long you're on earth as long as you leave something concrete behind. or, maybe it reminds me of my childhood and how my parents used to listen to it. or, maybe i'm reliving a past life or something.

wouldn't that be nice?

belle
30-07-08, 09:23
Love that Coldplay song!! Warning Sign and Sparks are two of my all time favourites.

I also like Foo Fighters, RHCP, Pink, Nelly Furtado, 80's....all kinds.

Ozzy
31-07-08, 18:31
i wanted to click dnb (drum'n'bass) and hiphop but it wasnt there :P

nickieb
10-08-08, 17:32
There is no indie category

Nicola

The Fool
10-08-08, 18:04
nickie indie is aslo called alternative whish is up there

gel
10-08-08, 18:33
David Bowie.
Gary Numan.:yesyes:
Depeche Mode.:yesyes:
The Rolling Stones.:yesyes:
( the above have been constants for the last 30 years or so )

Biggest loves are the four above. ( though I could ad another half a dozen names to that short list )

Biggest hates are as follows.
Jazz.:weep:
Folk.:weep:
Funk.:weep:
Rave.:weep:
Dance.:weep:
I could type on this subject forever.

No synthesizer or elctro on the list. :whistles:

The Fool
16-09-08, 22:08
do you no what,im going to be ultimatly cheeky and say my fave songs to sing are my own lol the tunes are only in my head but they mean more to me that the ones i have on CD lol

titchjd
16-09-08, 22:16
I LOVE MUSIC ............NOT A DAY GOES BY WITHOUT MUSIC IN MY HOUSE ,CAR ,ME TRYIN 2 SING ,MY DAUGHTER TRYIN 2 SING ,HAVE 2 HAVE MUSIC .....X

sorry about capitals lol just LOVE music if u hadnt guessed haha x

Many many many types depends what mood Im in and what year i want 2 go back 2 ...xxxxx

all music is good xx

Titch xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:D :D :D

ladybird64
16-09-08, 22:40
Currently on my MP3..

Lynyrd Skynyrd (love the guitar on "freebird")
Guns n' Roses :blush: Welcome to the jungle, Sweet child o' mine, November rain

Andrea Boccelli Con te partiro'

Claire Weekes..Music to my ears :winks:

and finally Aerosmith-Livin' on the edge and other assorted stuff of the same type.

I have diverse musical taste :D