PDA

View Full Version : Hiya

arie07123
29-07-08, 15:57
Hi everyone. My name is Arienne (Arie for short though) At the ripe old age of 24 I have suffered from depression on and off for most of my teenage and adult life:ohmy: . During my teenage years the depression was mainly circumstantial and to this day I believe alot of what I suffer from now is a knock on affect from my childhood. However I have a beautiful 3 year old boy and since giving birth to him I have suffered from pnd, and have recently been diagnosed with Generalised anxiety disorder ,OCD, and just for good luck IBS! I am currently partaking in a selfhelp work book working on cbt and have a mental health worker. I have spent many years on seroxat but a year and a half ago I came off it and as this was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do I am avoiding the drug path.
I know I sound a bit of a state:blush: , but the strange thing is most of the time I am a happy go lucky woman who loves motherhood, and enjoys life, but every now and then something will come along, it can be big or small and it will trigger a chain of events that I just can't seem to control, and then 'wham' I am an anxious wreck and seem to spend the whole time with the lights on but no-ones home.
I am so glad I have found this site, and that I am not the only person who has these problems, my partner and family do all they can to help but I know they don't understand, and alot of the time I feel very alone.:weep:
I look forward to speaking to you all, for my own sake and in the hope that I can help others.

Southern_Belle
29-07-08, 16:08
Hi Arie,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support. I think the CBT will help and glad you are here.

Take care,

Laura

Veronica H
29-07-08, 17:18
Hi Arie
I am on the waiting list for CBT myself. I am sure you will find this site a great help. Best wishes with your recovery.

Veronica H

Lindalou64
29-07-08, 19:42
Hello Arie And Welcome To The Site,wish Ya Well,linda

steviebabe98
29-07-08, 19:55
Hiya Airie, I just wanted to say hello im new here today too, good luck with the CBT. together we can make a difference.

Stevie xx

lorac
29-07-08, 20:09
Hello Arie

:welcome: to the site I am sure you will get good advice and support on here

Take care

Carol

arie07123
29-07-08, 21:09
Hi guys, thankyou for welcoming me so kindly. I look forward to speaking to you all.x

PixieL
29-07-08, 21:20
Hi Arie, :welcome: everyones very helpfull here, :hugs: hugs to u xxxxx

nomorepanic
29-07-08, 21:43
Hi Arie

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will meet some lovely people and get loads of support and advice

kellie
29-07-08, 22:06
Hiya :welcome:to NMP its lovely to have you here.
You will get lots ofd support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. keep posting in the relevent places and we will help you as much as we can.

take care. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxx

marie1974
29-07-08, 23:01
hiya and welcome to nmp, you will lots of great advice and support here and make new friends. i suffered bad dep and pnd years back after my 1st 2 children were born and had no ne to support me and my hubby didnt understand and worked alot. i went abit mad for awhile and went on prozac after aqbout 2 years i decided enough was enough i started exercising ever day and went out walking and slowly i picked up and came off the pills. i never been on them since and never had my dep back, i still brisk walk every day and dance sometimes, it makes me postive, motivated, and happy and got me back down to size 8/10. you can get through bad times just have to find your strength and start to look forward hugs xx

milly jones
30-07-08, 16:04
hi arie

welcome to the nmp family

love milly xxx

weeble40
31-07-08, 16:24
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

jennielouise
31-07-08, 18:28
hello, welcome to you...i am also new. i have anxiety problems with panic attcks. i also have IBS. i think sometimes they go hand in hand! have completely changed by diet...but if i am very anxious this does not make much difference. i hope the cbt goes well for you.
jennie x