PDA

View Full Version : Not Sleeping!

mothermac
30-07-08, 03:29
Don't know if this is classed as a symptom or not really but it goes hand and hand with my chronic anxiety anyway.
I have always been a great sleeper most of the time and this has helped me with my anxiety over the years,the fact that my brain can get a rest from it during the night but for the past 3 months or so I have had terrible insomnia.I went to the docs for some help last week and he prescribed some sleeping tablets which after reading the side effects I daren't take-stupid I know.
My husband despairs of me and said that I should take 1 at least and see what happens but I am really scared. It stated that if you don't get 7-8 hrs of non interupted sleep you can suffer memory loss with them and also if you suffer ANY form of mental distress you shouldn't take them.

I am getting really worried now about this no sleeping lark and I am terrified that I will have a fit because of the tiredness. I am so wound up because of this and it is affecting me very much. I go through the day in a fog and am constantly worried that something bad is going to happen,can anybody help me please?

Alisonj
30-07-08, 05:15
I feel your pain. Without me taking Ativan nightly I would not sleep at all. I understand how scary taking new meds can be but it is worth a shot to try one. If they make you feel bad then go back to your doctor and ask for something with fewer side effects. For people with anxiety sleep is so very important. Lack of can just agravate everything. Huge hugs and I hope you are sleeping soundly right now!

gtrgrl3369
30-07-08, 13:38
I was prescribed sleeping pills too. Ambien, and I will not take them either because they have some wierd side effects. My husband took one to see what would happen and he went numb from the legs down and was so tired the next day. Now why would you give a sleep aid like that to someone with anxiety.... I have taken the ativan and it works great. Out like a light and no side effects but dry mouth. I hope you get sleep so as it will mess with your mental state. Take care