PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to my first holiday for 4 years

Granny Primark
30-07-08, 07:42
Well its 4 weeks until my first holiday since starting with panic attacks and anxiety.
3 years ago I never thought id get out of stoke on trent let alone go on holiday.
We had a holiday booked for the October to Turkey and on the day of departure I had to tell my family I couldnt go. Id known for weeks in my mind that I wouldnt do it. Id bought new clothes and even packed my suitcase. I really dont know who I was trying to convince.
Well Im not going abroad but I am travelling over 200 miles to go to the New Forest. Bashley Park.
Its a place we took my parents to 3 times and that they both loved. Somewhere that is special in my heart and that I always promised to take my daughter cus she never met my mum she died the year before my daughter was born. I know my parents especially my mum will be with me in spirit. And I know cus of the softie I am il shed tears when I recall the wonderful times I shared with my mum there.
We are taking my daughter, her partner, my beautiful grandaughter and my sis in law who lost her husband suddenly 12 months ago.
Im actually now feeling really excited. Yes a little nervous but thats normal for me as I hate travelling.
I wake up each morning and am actually counting down the days!:yesyes:
Im just hoping and praying nothing happens to stop the holiday this time.
Im certain it will do me the world of good better than any tablets from the doctor.
Silly I know but I cant wait see the sea and feel the sea breeze on my face.
Ive always had holidays and for years after my daughter was born we went on holidays abroad.
Hopefully when Ive had this holiday it will give me the courage to get on a plane again.:yahoo:
Ive got plenty of things to distract me on the journey down. A bopit game, knitting, crossword books, my phone for txting my friends and best of all my darling grandaughter :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

yorkylover
30-07-08, 11:37
You can do it:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: the new forest is lovely,you will so enjoy it.Keep busy while travelling,have lots of stops for a cuppa and a bacon roll,thats the best bit!!!!!:D You have all your family for support,and you mum bless her will be watching over you.

:bighug1: :bighug1:

Southern_Belle
30-07-08, 15:18
Hi Lynn,

You have a great time with your family and come back and tell us all about it under success stories. I know you can do this and will be so proud of you when you return.

Love and hugs,

Laura

nanny
30-07-08, 15:53
Hi Lynn

good for you, you go for it gal:yesyes:

Ther New Forest isn't far from me and it's an absolutely wonderful relaxing place.

Horses running loose, loads of green spaces where you can either walk or just sit down and relax.

be thinking of you
big hugs............:hugs: :hugs:

P.s hope little Katie's fine and dandy:)

milly jones
30-07-08, 15:57
hi gp

go girl and enjoy

uve made such progress lynn

well done

milly xx

weeble40
31-07-08, 16:51
you have a great time Lynn I want a full run down on all you did when you home.

Emma xxx

diane07
31-07-08, 17:58
Aww granny,

remember that only you can stop you from going........... a panic attack isn't that powerful. The thought is worse than the deed, you will be absolutely fine and dandy on the journey, play a cd with old songs on that remind you of your mum on the way there, sometimes as sad as it can be it can be quite comforting plus it will take your mind back to happy times rather than waiting for panic to set in, i always play a cd on journeys now as it keeps any anx at bay.

well done to you and best wishes

di xx