PDA

View Full Version : bad night

oldhandatthis
30-07-08, 08:06
took half a Zopiclone last night which usually means an undisturbed night, but I woke up at 4 feeling panicky and trembly, all foggy headed. I have a cold and blocked sinuses at the mo but this felt like the depression and anxiety I used to have till the Citalopram kicked in.

eek

anyone experiencd anything similar when things seemed to be going OK????

milly jones
30-07-08, 16:22
ive had odd nights broken when on citalopram with night time pas.

it will just be a blip hun

go to bed tonight and sleep well

milly xx

DeeperDown
30-07-08, 19:33
Bottom line, if you don't try and predict the future then you are well on to beating your illness. You really are like me, always looking for signs and using the merest hint of anything worrying to extrapolate to the worst possible conclusion.

Give it a few days, at least one or two more, and most likely it will be you just had a bad night (the weather won't help). If not then we'll find a way to deal with it and see if we can help you. You've helped me a lot. You don't have to face anything alone.

DD

oldhandatthis
30-07-08, 20:37
That's so sweet of you, many thanks.

I have decided that I would be feeling low even if I didn't have these MH issues because this sinus pain is so horrid, but of course I am more susceptible to feeling low as my batteries are so depleted.

And part of the illness is to assume to worst isn't it. Had a nice walk with my husband just now and he reminded me that I should think of myself as still 'recovering', not better because the pills kicked in. That helped a bit.

The whole house smells of Olbas Oil apparently though I can only just detect it.

oldhandatthis
31-07-08, 09:53
hmmm, another night when I woke up at 3am and had very bad thoughts. They are comforting somehow.

I see my GP tomorrow and will raise the possibility of increasing the dose from 30 to 40mg.

Taking a Lorazepam now.

DrGreenThumb
31-07-08, 13:21

DrGreenThumb
31-07-08, 14:56

oldhandatthis
31-07-08, 15:17
that's the lowest dose, I was given 7.5 originally. Now I break them in half.

let us know how you get on

DrGreenThumb
31-07-08, 15:32

oldhandatthis
31-07-08, 15:44
don't be, it won't knock you out, honestly.

be sure to report back in the morning!

DeeperDown
01-08-08, 02:45
Just to let you know, whenever I have had a bad cold I have found the tablets don't seem to work as well. I don't know if that is physcological or physiological, but it is the truth.

Maybe your cold is interfering with the process. Your body is fighting the virus and not the depression. I wouldn't upgrade until you are sure. Hold those extra doses in reserve.

DD

oldhandatthis
01-08-08, 10:06
that's comforting to know DD. it makes sense that your body can't fight on 2 fronts at once.

I see you were posting in the middle of the night...sleep problems?

DeeperDown
04-08-08, 17:26
Last few days haven't been good. The climb to 40mg is really hitting home. And yes, I have been having sleep problems. I've hardly slept since Friday. But I am kicking on because I have to get there and if this is the price I have to pay it. I doubt I'll be able to post much though, the shakes are crazy at the moment.

DD

oldhandatthis
05-08-08, 13:17
Hi DD I hope you are doing OK.

I've just had my dose increased to 40mg, from 30. The psychiatrist (it was a locum, mine's on hol) said to take 35mg for 3 days then up to 40.

She also said she'd never start anyone on 20, as I had been, but 5 then 10 then 20.

Am expecting some side effects but hopefully not as bad as before.

Fingers crossed.

DrGreenThumb
05-08-08, 21:17

oldhandatthis
05-08-08, 22:44
she told me to break a tablet in half and take 35mg for 3 days before moving on to 40mg...

will let you know how I get on