PDA

View Full Version : Coping with nights alone

jcapson
30-07-08, 18:37
I know that I have to cope with being by myself with the kids overnight as HB finally got a job, but why did everything have to happen so soon and all at once.

Two nights ago there was a shooting 5 houses down (mistaken identity and no one was hurt). There hasn't been anything close to this in the five years we have lived here, it's a pretty safe neighbourhood. Add that to HB working overnight, for the first time, last night and I wasn't doing well...and really still not because I have to do it all over again tonight. I couldn't make any decisions (bed sheets for Paul and pjs for both) and I was vibrating inside. I didn't have the heavy chest/breathing or the dizzyness and I atribute that to the Paxil but I did seek the help of Ativan after the kids went to bed.

HB ended up coming home at midnight as they didn't need him longer but will be gone by the time I get home from work and won't return until after I leave for work. I know I need to tell him how I feel when he's not there but I don't want him to get any crazy ideas that he needs to be home to help as he really needs to be working for his sanity and us financially. Once I don't feel the burdon of solely supporting our family financially is when I can finally get better, as this is what triggered everything 6 months ago.

I guess this post was really for myself to get it out there and maybe if anyone has words of support or wisdom, please share.

Dragonless
30-07-08, 19:32
Hi there

Oh I hear you my dear. I am a single mum so I know these evenings/nights alone can play havoc with your head.
Try and remember that these are just thoughts and they cannot hurt you.
Even though you are by yourself and HB is at work at least he WILL come home and you will be able to 'feel' him (know what I mean? I hope so) around the house.

As the what has happened around your house ... try (and I say try because I know its not easy) and put it out of your mind as nothing to do with you, I had a murder happen right outside my back garden and silly as it sounds I found security in seeing the Police around so much and told myself that noone would DARE to do anything here again. Also you are SAFE and SECURE in your own walls and NO ONE wants to hurt you or your family.
Drastic thinking I know but it does help.. I certainly did for me anyway.

I found an easy 'spell' in a white witch book I had and tried it - and have felt better since doing it. It says it puts an invisible 'shield' around you and your house. If you want to know a bit more I'll gladly tell you... what harm could it do??

Sorry for rambling but I'm not used to these posts yet. If I've bored you at least you'll sleep !!:roflmao:

Hugs over the water to you
Dragonless X