PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Itching

worriedGrace
30-07-08, 20:50
For two days I have been plagued with itching all over my body. Ther are no spots and it seems to move from one place to another. It is rather like when you have been talking about head lice or fleas and you begin to itch. I really think it is anxiety related because it doesn't itch when I am asleep and as soon as I think about it it starts. Has anyone else had this and how can I get rid of it? It is a sort of prickly itch like something crawling over me. As I said before there is nothing to see but it is driving me mad.

Lissy43
30-07-08, 20:56
I bet it is anxiety, I had awful itching a few weeks ago and the more I thought about it the more I itched.

I know the heat made mine worse aswell.

bab
31-07-08, 14:50
Hi There
are you on any meds as mine - cipralex make me itch although you cant see anything. citalopram did the same to me as well. Maybe try an antihistamine to see if it gets rid of it xx

precious78
31-07-08, 15:02
I had itchy skin a while back and I get it quite regularly. Have you got dry skin?

I think you should try the anti histamine and see if that works.

Sometimes itching can be to do with your thyroid. I had that checked when I was itchy. Negative of course.

nanny
31-07-08, 15:32
I too have gone gone through a phase of itching, i think mine was anxiety related, the more i thought about it the more i would itch then if something distracted me it stopped.........this anxiety can cuase some strange things :blush: :blush: