PDA

View Full Version : finally built courage to write on website!!

thoughts and actions
31-07-08, 12:22
hi guys

I have been a memeber of NMP website for about a month- there were so many times i tried to write something on this but couldnt- i now feel strong enough to introduce myself.

I have had general anxiety symptoms for about a year now but took my first "panic attack" in January this year -was in the local shopping centre and i honestly thought i was going to die- since then i have undergone counselling and used online services and books to go over CBT. I am on medication from the docs and feel a lot lot better than i did at the start of this year but i am still not my "old self again."

I still get panicky when i have to go places and have physical symptoms of anxiety- like everyone else - i have good days and bad.

Suppose am just really frustrated right now coz i feel like i take 5 steps forwardd then have a bad day and go back again- just wish some1 would give me a date and time where i would feel well again or say here take these tablets 3 a day for a week and you'll be right as rain- no its never gonna happen but at least i can accept it now and manage my anxiety

Feel this website is fantastic and has helped me so so much, - never before did i feel like i would be able to tell complete strangers about what i am going through but they say strangers are just friends you havent met yet so here i am :)

kellie
31-07-08, 12:42
Hiya hun :welcome: to NMp its lovely to have you here. You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
As you have already seen this is a great website and everyone is so helpful and nice so keep posting and we will help you as much as we can.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxx

yorkylover
31-07-08, 12:50
Hi and:welcome: the first panic attack is very scarey:weep: especially being out and then you try and avoid these situations.Things can get better and they will.

It is very frustrating and it gets us down,but we can bounce back:yesyes:
There is so much support here and such great people,your never alone.:hugs:

Lilith1980
31-07-08, 14:04
Hi Thoughts

Welcome to NMP :)

You're right, it can be daunting posting about your problems for the first time, but we are all here to help and support one another so you have come to the right place.

Jo xxxxx

Southern_Belle
31-07-08, 14:12
Hi,

Welcome to the site. Many here understand how you are feeling and you will find support. I'm glad you posted and it is so comforting to finally find others who feel like you do.

Take care,

Laura

Lindalou64
31-07-08, 15:22
hello and welcome to the site ,i wish ya well,linda

weeble40
31-07-08, 16:12
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

milly jones
01-08-08, 13:46
welcome from a stranger who would like to be ur friend

milly xx :hugs:

nomorepanic
01-08-08, 19:39
Hi there

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

alexis
01-08-08, 20:43
Hi and a big welcome