PDA

View Full Version : side effects from cipralex

fairy
03-05-05, 12:56
Hi, I've been taking cipralex for 5wks now, the 1st week was bad, as expected, but the next 4wks were great, I really felt like I was getting somewhere and I only had mild anxiety and 1 panic attack. But this last week has been strange, I've been feeling light headed, and my vision has been "odd" a few times, stationary objects seem to be moving. Also, my face felt funny this morning, like my skin didn't belong to me. The other thing is that I've felt very tired since I went on the meds, should I go back to the gp to be put on something else? Apart from all this, I feel the meds have been working for the anxiety. Although I had a pa today but I realize that the meds won't make things go away completely. Does anyone have any experience of all this, any advice would be great:D

seh1980
03-05-05, 13:32
hi Fairy,

I was on Cipralex for 13 months and it really did help me. My face felt funny for a whiule but that soon went away. The side-effects went away for me completely after about 6 weeks and from then on, I just got better and better. Give it some more time and I'm sure you will feel the effects..

Sarah :D

vernon
03-05-05, 13:53
Hi, I started cipralex about 4 months ago,I didnt seem to get many side effects, but I was on a different type of antidepresant before that/ Before Cipralex I used to wake realy early real scared and couldnt go back to sleep from the fear, I helped that part a lot but same as you wake so so tired and really dont want to get up. Usualy after I have been up a while I feel better, but do get to tired to do things bat thats better than the horrid fears i used to get. I also sweat lots at night get realy soaked also I get breathles, I dont know If this is anxiety or side effects from the cipralex its hard to tell becouse anxiety can cause so many symtoms. But overall I am much better since i started taking them. I started on 10mg for about 4 weeks then they where put up to 20mg. Hope this is of some help. Vernon

fairy
03-05-05, 21:10
Thanks Sarah and Vernon, I'm going to carry on with the tablets because they do help with the anxiety, I've felt much better since I started them, I was just a bit concerned about the dizzyness and the sight thing. I'm due to see the gp for a follow up so I'll tell him about all this, hopefully it's just temporary:D