PDA

View Full Version : constant swallowing again ahh

joyce99
31-07-08, 22:33
please how do i stop doing this as its really making my throat sore and is tensing my throat making it feel like someone i pulling on it thanks

nomorepanic
31-07-08, 22:37
Joyce - if we reply you won't listen so is there any point?

joyce99
31-07-08, 22:43
yes cause it is causing me great difficulty

nomorepanic
31-07-08, 22:45
Well and go and read all the replies to your other threads with advice then.

We have offered all the advice we can - it is up to you to take it now

nomorepanic
01-08-08, 21:21
If anyone is worried about Joyce then I am helping her via PM's so I hope she can get some help from my advice.

mabelina
01-08-08, 21:39
This made me smile. Not that i find it funny, but because this is one symptom im always getting and i honestly thought i was the only one! Its soooo annoying and trying to sleep is a nightmare. If i dont swollow, my throat seems to close, making me have to do it!

joyce99
01-08-08, 22:30
does it make your throat sore constantly swallowing then

nomorepanic
01-08-08, 22:36
Joyce

Have I not helped at all tonight - I spent over 2 hours helping and now feel that I wasted my time :ohmy: :mad:

marie1974
01-08-08, 22:52
joyce im sorry but something is really not right with u and ok your HA is severe but lots of people including myself have tried so much to help and u still ask the same question, i dont know wot it is but i really feel like u r just purposly trying to wind people up. why dont u ask health professionals this cos u say u there having tests all the time, i really dont get it, they have the answers we dont and mayb they have told u too and u not listening hun but this is getting silly. re read all your threads and u have your answers over and over again. i think u have more issues and probs then just this and i think u really need to get some help cos i dont know why but u are not listening . i am getting annoyed that we all try so much and think u are getting alittle better then 5 mmins later you put another thread asking same question again

milly jones
01-08-08, 22:59
joyce, please take nic's (nomorepanics) advice

listen to donna too

weve all tried to help u

its not that we are uncaring

we dont know what else to say to help

milly xx

nomorepanic
01-08-08, 23:03
I am speechless after all the help I gave Joyce tonight.

I am wasting my time to be honest

marie1974
01-08-08, 23:08
nic we have all spent loads of time tryin to help joyce and its getting us no where. i really believe she is either winding us up or she is very seriously ill and needs alot more help then we can offer. i just dont get it i really dont. sorry xx

nomorepanic
01-08-08, 23:11
Well she has more infraction points tonight

alexis
01-08-08, 23:20
O dear, well youve all tried so hard, so well done to you all, thanks.xxx

eljay
02-08-08, 00:04
lots of us have had this and tried to help, Ive said it before but I just dont get why there is no anxiety over the baby that is meant to be on the way, I really dont get it and im as confused as Donna :wacko:

jewels26
02-08-08, 00:29
hi

i agree what you say about the baby. maybe this is where the true anxiety is? maybe it's being transferred to the throat issues? scary having a baby and must be loads worse if your have anxiety

just a thought

Julie

bex1970
02-08-08, 14:50
At risk of sounding heartless, isnt it time just to leave it alone - Joyce doesn't listen and as you have said Nic, you've been over it again and again... and spending 2 hours on somebody who just doesn't seem to take it it seems more stress (for you) than it's worth...

Her health anxiety is obviously bad and she needs professional help - either that or she is just winding us all up. I've looked over all her posts and everyone reads them more than anyone else's (myself included) as they are UNBELIEVABLE.... you have all been incredibly tolerant and understanding and in my very limited opinion, given her far more crediblity than she deserves. This website is a Godsend for most of us - I can't tell you how much it has helped me - you all deserve better than this and I can't help feeling that your kindess is being taken full advantage of but, worse than that, is going nowhere because she simply won't listen...

So, from my point of view, thank you, for everything you have done for me. Without wishing to sound overly dramatic, you have turned my life around and it's time to stop wasting your time with Joyce....

Sorry if I sound like a cow, I really don't mean to, but we're all getting nowhere with her....
xx

nomorepanic
02-08-08, 14:54
Hi Bex

I have this same problem as Joyce with the swallowing etc etc so have offered some time to try and help but I do think that it is time I gave up now.

Last night was one last attempt and I think I did her help her a bit - maybe she will post later and thank me - who knows.

I agree though that I have done all I can and you don't sound like a cow at all.

sheba2
02-08-08, 16:40
Hi there

I couldn't decide whether to post on here or not but for what its worth here goes. I know that joyce has asked the same question over and over and I know that so many people have tried very hard to help and that realistically there is nothing else for them to say.

The thing is I've been suffering from ha etc for most of my 52 years and I am like a worn out record asking for reassurance. I have driven most of my family and friends mad but the person who I've hurt most is myself. I have come to the conclusion that regardless of how much reassurance some of us get, how much medication we take, how much counselling and therapy we work through that for some of us things will never get any easier we will always live inside our heads with the demons that haunt us.

I very rarely ever post with my ha worries I virtually never see a doctor anymore for help with my neurosis because I don't believe that they can really help. What I do do is read and when possible try and help the people on here. Whether I help or not I don't know but I really hope so. Basically I have learnt to accept all those horrible symptoms that I get. (I have just had that swallowing/lump in the throat thing for the last 4 weeks). I still panic about them and it is very upsetting and difficult living with them but basically that is tough for me and I just have to get on with it. I realise from reading here that I am not alone and I take lots of comfort from that. I am constantly amazed at how caring people are on this site and at how much time they put in.

We all need some support and advice but sometimes we just have to face facts we are what we are and we need to learn to live with that.

So joyce if you read this please don't think I don't sympathise cos I do. I know exactly how you feel and I really wish I could make things better for you but at the end of the day only you can make the changes you need. I hope you are successful and the torment of ha is shortlived for you. Maybe next time you want to talk about your throat problems try working through other peoples posts and even if you just say hi to them it will have passed some time and hopefully taken your mind off your own worries. It certainly helped me.

jewels26
02-08-08, 17:28
hi
i totally agree that this site is an excellent form of support and information

i think what my concern is is that joyce is going to be reading these posts. she is obviously feeling very alone, afraid and and feels she has lost control as we all do or have at some stage. it is very frustrating when people are not taking on board what you are saying but it happens. we have all been in the position where we need reasurance. i certainly remember when i was very ill i was constantly lookin g for reasurance constantly from gp, hospital, family 24/7

Joyce- you have to listen to people. what they are telling you is exactly right. there is no more or no less to it. you have to be willing to help yourself. everyone is giving you the right info now only you can impliment it. we don't have magic wands. you have the cure inside you. see your gp, midwife, join an on line self help group. they are out there! people feel for you and have given you excellent advice but there is no more that can be said on this subject

sorry if anyone feels i have stuck my ore in i just felt the urge to say something

Julie :)

E14
03-08-08, 12:41
Joyce
For what its worth I had this problem over the last eight weeks.
Anyway after a gastroscopy and barium last week its turns out nothing wrong. Sore throats, swallowing,feeling something stuck in the throat, back ache.
Now I know there is not a problem the symptoms have calmed down.
Its amazing what you can do with your body so please try to calm down a bit and take it easy.

lorac
03-08-08, 13:20
Sheba I am so glad you did decide to post that message and i hope Joyce has taken in some of the words you have tried to put accross to her because I think they will help her.

We are all on here to try and support and help each other and sometimes that might mean moving away from our own problems and supporting someone else. Joyce I wish you well and hope you can find a way of not dwelling so much on your problem and I think this would help you.

Carol
x

joyce99
03-08-08, 16:04
hi there im sorry i was listening to you as someone posted that no matter how much reassurance u get sometimes it will never be enough from u or gp i was just asking if the constant swallowing makes your throat tense that was all maybe then i can understand my my throat feels like someone is gripping hold of it also had a burning throat maybe if you could anwser that 2 questions then i can finally put it to rest thanks nicola for all your help im just really sorry i have upset so much people if you could anwser my questions one last time i will put it to bed i promise xx joyce

marie1974
03-08-08, 18:48
joyce hun go back over your threads and re read them ,as the answer is in them over and over, i dont know why u r not taking it in.

Charlottie
03-08-08, 19:15
Joyce, you're talking as though we haven't answered those questions already!

Cathy V
03-08-08, 20:02
Hello joyce. I became a grandmother again today when my sons baby was born. His name is elliott and i cant wait to meet him when they bring him home later (im so surprised that they dont keep people in hospital more than a day after the birth these days!). I was wondering how your baby is, it must be about due now?

joyce99
03-08-08, 20:19
the swallowing thing is stressing me out everytime after ive eaten i get a sharp feeling in my throat which everyone says is anxiety including doctors but im maybe thinking that maybe the baby has something to do with it as it feels like a ball in my throat sometimes but no matter what i try it doesnt shift it is this anxiety too it is scaring me it does ease of after about 30 minutes but i thought this globus thing is supposed to feel better after you have eaten not worse

marie1974
03-08-08, 20:22
are u listening to us joyce, cathy asked how your pregnancy was and when baby due. everyone tries to chat with u but u dont listen

Cathy V
03-08-08, 20:22
Yes it could be down to your pregnancy...when is the baby due? i thought it was a week or two ago, are they letting you go on with the pregnancy instead of inducing you? maybe when you have had this baby your anxiety will become less.

Alisonj
03-08-08, 20:25
Joyce I understand the fear completely. I have had numerous doctors etc tell me that my heart is fine. Yet I still constantly take my blood pressure etc. It is defintely sounding like you have devolped OCD from your health anxiety. You need to talk to your doctor and tell them that it is interferring with your life completely. How far along are you in your pregnancy? Do you think that the extra pregnancy stress is increasing the fear? What meds if any are you on? The sharp pain could be bad reflux from the pregnancy. I know I had it very badly and it was very painful. But if that is the case there is not a need to worry. you need to try as hard as possible to distract yourself. Busy yourself getting ready for the baby. Are you having a boy or girl? Start a journal to your baby etc. Do whatever it takes to distract yourself.

joyce99
03-08-08, 21:47
the problem is after eating having like a lump there when i swallow im having a boy and its only been 3 weeks that ive been like this dunno where it come from it feels like a sticking fish bone but had a tube down my throat up the nose and down the throat but not into the stomach and they found nothing now im thinking its maybe a problem further down thats giving me the problem i only have 1 week to gobefore baby comes and dunno whats wrong feel fine havent lost any weight or that just worried as they say his globus thing is the problem but my problem is after eating food is this the symptoms of globus thanks for posting

joyce99
03-08-08, 21:49
hi cathy my baby is due in 5 days just tell me is this globus thing they all talk about a feeling of lump in the throat after eating as thats what im feeling thanks cathy

Alisonj
03-08-08, 22:10
This is what I found and it would appear that it is caused by your anxiety.

Lump in the throat (globus sensation, globus hystericus) is the sensation of a lump or mass in the throat.
Etiology
No specific etiology or physiologic mechanism has been established. Some studies suggest that elevated cricopharyngeal (upper esophageal sphincter) pressure or abnormal hypopharyngeal motility occur during the time of symptoms. The sensation may also result from gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) or from frequent swallowing and drying of the throat associated with anxiety or another emotional state. Although not associated with stress factors or a specific psychiatric disorder, globus sensation may be a symptom of certain mood states (eg, grief, pride); some patients may have a predisposition to this response.

Alisonj
03-08-08, 22:12
I know its very hard but I just spent alot of time googling and it completely is related to anxiety. If you can try and relax the feeling will get better and go away. If you are due in one week this is the last thing you need. You need rest and to gather your thoughts in a positive manner.

milly jones
04-08-08, 12:31
joyce u will let us know how ur getting on with ur baby over the next few days pls.

ive followed ur threads and look forward to finding out how things go.

id love to have another baby, but im too old now.

new life is so precious

take care

milly xx

Charlottie
04-08-08, 15:03
Milly she's been banned

milly jones
04-08-08, 15:17
oops i didnt know sorry

ty char xx

marie1974
04-08-08, 16:18
when was she banned i didnt know either xx

marie1974
04-08-08, 16:23
oh i just seen now, me being blind as usual lol

lilibet
04-08-08, 18:09
Hi everyone

Why is joyce banned, I have been following her thread and i am worried about her and the baby?

Love Lilibet x x x

Alisonj
04-08-08, 18:46
Why is she banned. She was just super scared. Isnt that what this forum is for?

jewels26
04-08-08, 18:48
i was wondering the same thing

marie1974
04-08-08, 18:59
it was abit more than that alison, she had alot more probs then nmp could deal with and even nic couldny get through to her, if you read all her threads u will understand more xx

lilibet
04-08-08, 19:37
hi donna,

I have read her threads and i cant see anything other than a very very scared lady. Infact i was reading her posts to my husband last night and he pointed out to me that is exactly how i get when im ill!!!!!! Having said that maybe i havent read something that you have (where should i be looking) Only the thing is im quite worried about her now.

love lilibet x

marie1974
04-08-08, 19:45
i see what u mean lilibet i think she has alot more going on then we realise and alot of the threads she starts sre the same and so many people answer her and give her advice but she doesnt seem to take it in and listen to us. she also seems to have had more tests and operations in a short space of time then alot of people and she has also lied about her circustances as she said one thing then without realising said something else that quite obviously meant she was not being honest. to be honest with u i dont know wot to think, mayb u could ask nic wot she thinks cos i have thought one thing then another. wot ever the situation i think she needs more help then we can give her and she could have asked the docs etc all the questionsd she asked us, we can only advise her. time and time again we answered her same question, i think we were out of our depth with her personally xxxxx

lilibet
04-08-08, 20:01
Well im sure youre right and i know that Nic wont have made that decision lightly. Its just i worry about people. You never really know if people tell the truth do you? She must be in a mess bless her.

Thanks for helping me.

love lilibet x x x:bighug1:

marie1974
04-08-08, 20:02
i know i totally understand u and i agree that its a worry, its just hard on these sites to know exactly wots going on and i guess nic had to come to a decision based on wot she knows hugs and hope u well xxxx

nomorepanic
04-08-08, 20:06
Joyce had created a duplicate login to post the same thing she did as Joyce but denied that.

She was asked to stop spamming the site but posted thread after thread - which we merged together.

She said a few things to me in PM that lead me to believe she is not a genuine user on here.

She had been given several warnings and kept telling me she was never coming back on here then was back posting the same thing the next night.

After a PM I received last night we decided to ban her.

I am not sure she is even pregnant to be honest.

Anyway - I hope that explains it.

marie1974
04-08-08, 20:07
thanks for that nic xxxxxx

HeatherMc
04-08-08, 20:16
Thanks for explaining Nic, i was just reading the thread and to be honest I have not read any of her other threads and I was starting to get really worried about her because sometimes I am aware that when we post or reply to posts I can repeat myself ie I have the same worries and sometimes when we are anxious I think have I mentioned that before I was also worried about someone getting banned and I was thinking blimey how many times have I mentioned fatigue!

Hope everthing sorted out now

Heather
xxxxxxxxxxx

Cathy V
04-08-08, 20:39
Hi Heather, i wouldnt worry too much about this. Im sure nicola would reassure you, and anyone else in the same situation that this issue was a bit different from the 'norm' if that doesnt sound too mad!

The thing with joyce/savannah or whoever she really is, isnt that she might have been really ill, or might have had a condition that meant she repeated herself, it was that she refused to interact with anyone and never really responded to anyone's advice or acknowledged that it had been given.

Now i dont know about anyone else, but even if a member is in the throes of a panic or is extremely depressed, or has OCD or whatever the problems might be, they always respond, and at least thank ppl for replying, and also pass on their knowledge of a problem to another member...and that's what nmp is all about (lilleth).

Yes we are here because we are ill, and nmp gives us the chance to talk and rant about all of the things that make up our illnessess, but we also respect other members who reply and try to help us. Good manners cost nothing...even when we are ill.

Best wishes
Cathy xxx :)

lilibet
04-08-08, 20:45
Thanks Nic

I know you are always doing your best. I hadnt even thought off all that. Im amazed but also very upset that some people would take advantage of this wonderful place here. I hope you get some peace now and that Joyce gets some help. Maybe it was all a game? You knows. Anyway thanks Nic for all you do.

love lilibet x x x

marie1974
04-08-08, 20:46
very well put cathy mate, thats exactly right. hugs xxx

Alisonj
04-08-08, 23:50
Thanks for letting us know. It is sad that there are people that have to make up things and cause problems. I hope she gets help soon.