PDA

View Full Version : Feeling soo stressed and worried

phil06
01-08-08, 12:09
I seem to have times where I am soo stressed i feel angry and emotional and worried all in one. For example today work men came to the house and I got worried they would damage something and it worried me sick. I get really stressed if I am running for buses to get to work and start to get really annoyed and stressed with people. I calm down later but I have just got really stressed.

I'm worried I will go mad or something or lose control. I'm not sure what has made me as stressed. Does anybody else get this? :weep:

kendo59
01-08-08, 12:24
Yes, I also get very stressed/anxious/distressed over the smallest things these days, as do many people here. You'll find yourself in good company here.

I think workmen traipsing through the house would stress anyone out!!!

Have you spoken to your GP about it? Have you tried any medications (either prescribed or homeopathic)? Have you tried 'relaxation techniques' (ie, deep breathing, yoga, etc)?

Some over-the-counter remedies (available from any good chemist) you might want to try:
Kalms, St.Johns Wort.
Listen to some soothing music, learn to control your breathing.

Hope you feel better.

milly jones
01-08-08, 12:30
hun i worry about having workmen in the house

i worry about them moving things or touching my belongings

i hate the responsibility of acknowledging the completeion of work, or signing for eg the care's return after a service.

think its all due to our anx

take heart

milly xx

phil06
01-08-08, 12:47
Thanks I think I just need to learn some relaxation. I got less sleep last night also which never helped.

woofytalk
01-08-08, 12:57
Phil, from your posts it sounds like you have a great grip on how to calm down. You'll never go crazy bud. You recognize your anxiety and you're dealing with it the right way.

Now the trick is just learning how to gain patience. That's a tough one, but it can be done in time...just be patient -lol :blush:

DudeJericho
03-08-08, 18:46
Stress of workmen in the house is something I can relate to. We moved to our new house in december, it was a mess so my mum got these people to do some remodelling basically even putting in an extention, but they were horrible! Lazy, wouldn't come in some days, would drink our bottles of water and use the kitchen facilities without my mum's permission, it was pretty awful. :scared15:

Basically it raised my mum's stress through the roof which in turn raised mine. I know that these might not be the way your workers do things, but this is just to let you know of course your worries are justified, nobody likes strangers messing around with things in their house, for me the only thing I concentrate on is when things will be finished (which seems to be taking its time...)