PDA

View Full Version : Hi - newbie

Tiggermum
01-08-08, 13:28
Hi there, I am new to this site. I have just been prescribed Citalopram by my GP, and was a bit reluctant to take it, but have decided that it is better to give it a go.

I have been off work for five weeks, after an operation to my foot, and am due to go back on Tuesday - but I dont want to!

I am anxious and feel panic every time I try and do something - I cant stop crying all the time. This happened to me many years ago when I got divorced, and I know how bad it can get. I am now happily remarried, and my kids are both out on their own (to some extent), and I wonder if I am now feeling the complete empty nest syndrome. This totally is not me! I am usually happy, caring and friendly.

I guess the main reason for feeling this way now is the worry of going back to work - whenever I am off, someone always tries to stick the knives in my back - and I dread this happening again. I have decided that if it does, then I will quit.

I seem to be rambling on a bit here now - so will leave it at that for now. I am just pleased to know I am not on my own.:)

lorac
01-08-08, 13:30
Hello Tiggermum

:welcome: to the site I am sure you will get some really good advice and support on here

Take care

Carol

milly jones
01-08-08, 14:08
welcome to nmp

ull get lots support here

milly xx :hugs:

Southern_Belle
01-08-08, 14:10
Hi Tiggermum,

Welcome to the site. Many here understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

weeble40
01-08-08, 18:03
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

alexis
01-08-08, 18:33
Hi and welcome, have you read the threads on Citalopram?

nomorepanic
01-08-08, 19:33
Hi Tiggermum

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.