PDA

View Full Version : Breast pain

precious78
01-08-08, 19:19
Hi all

A while ago I was referred to the breast clinic as I had found a lump. They gave me an ultrasound and said it was ok and just hormonal.

Recently my skin on my breast has been itching and also the nipple (I've had itchy nipples before - has anyone else? - and not thought about it). Today my breast is very sore and I have just finished my period so it can't be that.

I am now worried about this and wondered what you guys thought.

seeker
02-08-08, 00:01
You can get thrush on the breasts, or a heat rash (close clothing, sweating etc),or there is a type of exzema I think. I'd go back to docs for further reassurance. i think if there was any possiblity it was something sinister, they would have tested you further.

seeker
02-08-08, 00:02
ps- I sometimes get itchy nipples too!

precious78
04-08-08, 09:31
There is no actual rash or redness on the breast, it's just itchy from the inside. It is really lumpy as well. I am getting worried now as it is so sore and hot.

yanksforever
05-08-08, 16:09
I usually have sore breasts all the time. Sometimes it's even after my period. As for the itchyness, I havent had that, but they get very sore.

Btw some women just have lump breasts for no reason and it's nothing dangerous. Are you itching it or messing with it a lot? That could be why it's so hot.

Go to the doc. this is nothing, maybe they'll give u a cream for the itching.

mary8
05-08-08, 19:08
I also had a very itchy breast about 8 years ago and was referred to a breast clinic where I had a mammogram. Everything was fine and the consultant told me it was probably a skin allergy. Please don't worry, you have been checked out and I'm sure the redness and tenderness is because you have been scratching it. Take care.

precious78
06-08-08, 09:56
Hi again.

Went to see the Dr yesterday and she has referred me to the breast clinic again. She said there was certainly a mass there (she could see it when I raised my arms) and it could be a cyst, in which case I would have it drained (if it was a hard lump I would have a biposy!). But I thought cysts were usually found in older people.

It was so sore when she started examining me and I haven't been scratching or touching it too much as it is too sore to touch. There is no rash either, just itchiness.

She did reitterate the possiblity of it being cancer was small because of my age, but they said that about my gallstones so I'm not convinced on that one. ANd I'm worried as I have been so tired recently. And I have back ache as well which makes me worry it's spread to my back!

Has anyone else had a cyst and what were their symptoms?

Sonya
06-08-08, 23:06
Ive had a cyst hun i had it scanned and it wen away afer a few months on its own, wen the consultant scanned me she said i had very lumpy breasts which i guess some women just have! The consultant also said that a cancerous lump is usually numb and it doesnt bother you so the fact that yours is is a good sign, try not to worry, hope ive eased your mind a bit xx