PDA

View Full Version : A faint glimmer of hope...

turtlemoon
03-05-05, 19:24
Hi All
I just wanted to let everyone know that things are beginning to look up for me. My last anxiety attack was three weeks ago. Three weeks!! That's amazing for the person who only a month ago was having them everyday. Then there's the fact that I've just been offered a job that I REALLY wanted. I'd pretty much made up my mind that I hadn't got it, then last Wednesday they rang me to ask when I could start. And finally, this Bank Holiday weekend just gone I went on holiday for four days ON MY OWN! I went to Cornwall (pretty much as far away from home as I can get without leaving the country!) and although I was anxious and a little scared at times, I did it and had a fantastically chilled and very pleasant time. So much so, that when it came time to come home yesterday I really didn't want to. Another good sign for the person who only 6 weeks ago couldn't bare the thought of leaving the house.
I'm not saying it's been easy and I'm definitely not saying that this is the end and all my anxiety has gone, but what I am saying is this - it can get better, it does get better and it will get better. It's taken me so long to see this, but I'm finally beginning to realise, with a lot of help and a lot more time, that this thing is beatable. I've wasted so much of my time and energy worrying about things, I just hope that now I've finally turned a corner.
Turtle :D

seh1980
03-05-05, 19:31
[Wow!] Turtlemoon!! The amount of progress you have made is amazing seeing how much you've come along in such a short amount of time!! If only we could all get better so quickly!! It certainly sounds like you have turned a corner - keep up the good work!! :D

Meg
03-05-05, 19:32
This is fabulous news.

Very well done indeed- you've worked hard at this and are seeing the progress and success..

Keep us posted

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

florence
03-05-05, 21:41
Hi

Wow, this is excellent news!!!
Glad you feel so much better [8D].
Hope it lasts for you !

Take care.
Florence.

**To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.**

Karen
03-05-05, 22:33
Well done Turtlemoon. Glad you are feeling a lot better. You are making great progress.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

carlin
04-05-05, 15:07
Hi,
How lovely to read that! well done you have worked hard and deserve every success. keep at it and keep us informed.

maxine
04-05-05, 15:57
Well done Turtle you are doing great.:D:D

Take care

Maxine