PDA

View Full Version : New Member

XceteraX
01-08-08, 20:05
Hi all :) .

I am a 38y/o female living in Canada with my puppy, two cats, and snake - I almost forgot to mention my fiancee :D . I was first diagnosed with anxiety & panic disorder at the age of 24 but believe I first experienced anxiety & panic at the age of 14.

I have been on medication since being diagnosed. I was initally on Prozac (allergic reaction) Paxil (did not work) Ananfranil (worked for 3 years) Desipramine (did not work) Zoloft (5 years) Celexa (5 years).

The Celexa has finally run it's course and I'm currently weening off of Celexa from 60mg daily - currently 40mg daily. Weening off 10mg per week. I'm also taking Zoloft 50mg going up to 75mg for 2 weeks then 100mg eventually (my doctor suggested since it's been so long since I've been on it - it may work again).

I take Klonopin .5mg 3x a day if needed. I normally take .25mg just when my anxiety is at it's peak which would be now because I'm weening on and off medication at the same time.

I hope to meet some people in the same position as me and perhaps also provide support :)

X

milly jones
01-08-08, 20:23
hi etc

lovely to meet u this sunny friday night

welcome to nmp

milly xx

Patty
02-08-08, 17:58
Hi XceteraX,:)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much help & information here.

All the best xx :bighug1:

nomorepanic
02-08-08, 17:59
Hi and :welcome:

Lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help.

Amy2Crazy
03-08-08, 03:00
Hi etc!
I have recently started taking Celexa (on day 9 today) so it sounds as though you may be able to give some good advice about it, having taken it for so long. This place is really awesome and you will find a lot of supportive people who know exactly how you feel. It has been a lifesaver for me since I joined a week ago =)

Always,
Amy

weeble40
04-08-08, 12:24
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

Lilith1980
04-08-08, 16:05
Hi Etc

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

Lindalou64