PDA

View Full Version : please help

tracy1972
02-08-08, 11:21
i have been having panic attacks for the last week but the last couple of days i am getting them all day meds are not helping and i am taking over my own breathing my doc wants me to go on vallium but i cant cause my son has adhd rads and odd cant deal with him spaced out but y do i not get them for a while then for a whole week i am taking over my own breathiing constant shaking as in i cant sit still got to shake or bounce foot, pins and needles in my hands hot and cold sweat but mainly hot and feel like if i dont do the breathing thing then my body wont sounds stupid i know my nose is very congested my doc has given me some de congestant nasal spray to try and i am scared as it leaves funny tastes in your mouth and i would say what i think it tastes like but that not being polite please can anyone help from tracy

nikita
02-08-08, 11:37
oh tracy i do feel for you. I was exactly the same about 4wks ago and i wouldnt wish it on anyone. I was prescribed valium also and turned it down too. I also had nasal congestion and was given a spray and also my ears were bunged up. My head felt so strange and i had the constant panic attacks, but more like you know when you are about to have an attack your anxiety gets really heightened, then the attack happens, then you kind of come down afterwards. i felt like at the peak of an attack all the time but no respite from it. it exhausted me. i think the nasal spray actually made me worse. I found just rubbing Vics round outside of my nose and on my chest helped me far more with no horrible side effects or taste. The pins and needles is coz of your funny breathing, and the funny breathing is caused by your anxiety. The bouncing foot etc is your nerves being on edge. I was so ill with it, I was lucky in that my mum took over and the kids were away so i was able to rest and sleep and I felt so much better in a few days. Just taking things easy helped so much and i also was on here and the support was great. YOu will be okay hunny, honest, you need to take things easy, not easy i know with kids, especially with adhd, but honestly, you will be fine. you are mentally and physically exhausted thats all. x

tracy1972
02-08-08, 12:54
thank you all i want to do is sleep and yes the ears hurt as well and ringing keep thinking its my phone i dont feel low but yes i do feel likwe a break but i have no family so no one to take the kids for a few hours and they wouldnt take my adhd son anyway husband is being an angel think god must of sent him to me i am so lucky and he is patient with me as well even though he doesnt understand them but he tries.

marie1974
02-08-08, 19:44
hiya tracey cant really help on this but wanted to send u a hug and always here if ya need me matey xxx

milly jones
02-08-08, 19:55
have u asked for any support for the hols for ur son hun?

i worked with children with difficulties and there are support networks set up for school hols.

do u have a social worker who u can contact re some respite

it will be no good for the children if u are exhausted hunny

u need some help

are there any holiday clubs in ur area?

please seek help hun

hugs

milly xx

juju
02-08-08, 20:10
hi
its awful the agitation your having isnt it, i remember being like this for a few days the bouncing foot etc, also walking back and to and couldnt keep still and the flushes and pins and needles. it does settle down, its just a lot of adrenalin. have you tried any distraction tecniques? i had a great visual exercise i used to do, walking along the beach in the sand and floating in the sea etc, it does work, try it hun
take care
juju

tracy1972
02-08-08, 22:33
thank u donna hug well needed i have been playing on the games on here all day and so far so good distracted and my 16 yr old son made me take him out which helped and my 14 yr old daughter has been acting a complete and utter idiot trying to make me happy which i ended up laughing and then stomach ache and u guys giving me support is much appreciated thank you i feel alot better thank u and i will try ur breathing technics next time they happen thanks to every one