PDA

View Full Version : School Holidays

weeble40
02-08-08, 13:32
Ok so can anyone tell me how to get through school holidays without commiting murder,

all mine have done is bitch, bite and fight, we are only a week and a half into 6 weeks and already am grey, have tried all the ususal shut up tactics such as park, beach, ice creams, Im sick of hearing, mum can I have, mum I want, why is it all they want to do is stay in on computer games, when I was a kid we made dens out of nothing and go karts out of our old pram, what happened to pogo sticks and space hoppers, knock door run and british bull dog, (oh were did those happy days go ) my next step is a serious drowning in the river at the bottom of street, any suggestions greatly recieved before you see me on crimewatch or britains most wanted

Emma xxx

milly jones
02-08-08, 14:43
life's no fun here either

my sons happy when hes kayaking, but ask him to tidy his room, or come to tescos then uve had it.

why do they want everything on their terms?

then there's the actual holiday. i hate them. 3 ppl stuck together 24/7 who the rest of the year only see each other weekends. no money, lots expectations and rowing.

much rather they all stayed at work/school, or left me alone here.

sorry u hit a nerve today.

generally they are ok, but anx and them are geting me down at the moment.

just feel like running away from it all, and hiding so no one can find me

milly x

pooh
02-08-08, 22:38
oh dear Emma and Milly

that doesnt sound good at all. And i can relate cause i was going nuts with my son for four weeks too until he went to his dads yipee lol and when he gets back its back to school.
Kids teenagers are all about their own terms and conditions.. thats their job ours as parents is to curtail that and lay down some laws lol
I dont know the answers cause i was just as guilty as a kid of doing the same thing lol
i just try to do loads of things with my son and get to be a big kid again too. Its the best fun to play rounders, tennis, go for a cycle etc.
If you cant beat em join em lol
Hope you both survive the next six weeks lol if you lived in scotland id be almost over by now LOL

Take care

Pooh x

tracy1972
03-08-08, 00:14
my lot have been bitching and fighting dont u just want to get hold of them and bang there heads together one thing i try is if they keep on i make them sit on the sofa and hold hands or ground them from the computer we use to have to sit on sofa and hold hands for half an hour at a time for everything we did wrong and if we let go or started arguing again we use to get a smack with a wooden spoon can u remember the big wooden spoons with worlds greatest stirrer on them well didnt they hurt but cant do that now not that i need to smack mine just need to know how to control my adhd son and he hasnt got six weeks of like the others he has got 8 weeks of so when u lot r recovering i am still suffering lol its not fair, has anyone seen that advert on tv where mum ges shopping and kid asks for something mum says no and kid has tantrum in middle of shop and then the mother does and then the kid stops well i did that on my son and my doesnt it work he stopped straight away so yes IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM JOIN THEM:yesyes:

Anxious_gal
03-08-08, 05:00
dont let them wind you up! kids love to do that, if they see you getting fustrated they'll want to push your buttons.
what about summer camp or some kids clubs?

Cathy V
03-08-08, 12:08
I do sympathise with you all, coz now that im a nanny i get to give them back! but i do remember how frustrating it was trying to keep mine entertained for 6 weeks.

But time has gone by so quickly and now they have children of their own...in fact im sitting in my sons house in wales at the moment (hi milly) coz my daughter-in-law has just gone into hospital to have their little boy elliott today....bless. looking forward to welcoming him later!

Chin up everyone, theyll soon be back at school again :)

Cathy xxx

weeble40
04-08-08, 12:09
hi all and thanks for the suggesions, Milly Im sorry you're suffering at the moment hope things look up for you soon, I love the idea of sitting on sofa holding hands, am gonna try that lol just for the laugh more than anything can u imagine 3 teenagers sat holding hands for half hour lmao. good luck with you new grandson Cathy,
we went yesterday to look at caravans we are hoping to buy one soon, they can take there bikes you never know they may get lost in the woods and be eaten by wolves, just kidding of course,

roll on september 3rd

Emma xxx