PDA

View Full Version : I called an ambulance last nigth

sean31976
03-08-08, 01:09
:ohmy: Here is how it came to this, me and wife went to watch a movie (Step brothers). It was a great movie, I laughed my but off during the movie.

We went home watched a little more tv and went to bed.

I wake up at around 1am and have a heart palpatation, I get them here and there but then I had another one and another and another. Then I went into "I think I am going to die mode".

I have been previously diagnosed with PVC's which suppoedly are not a problem. But , I have been having them for the past 10 years and I have never had so many in a row. I must of had like 30-40 of them in a 4-5 mintue period.

I woke the wife up with the 911 person on the phone and told her to get an ambulance here now I think I am having a heart attack.

So she hangs up and then I call my mommy and talking to her it calmed me down and I stopped having the pvc's and told her that I had an ambulance coming.

So they show up and of coarse I had not a one pvc while they had me hooked up to there machine deally thing. So that was pretty embarassing.

then I went back to sleep ok .

I have been really stressed latly , I have 3 kids and another one coming on the way. I have been battling Alochol and cigerettes and quiting latly. I have not had one of either in about 5 days now.

I am still thinking I need to see a docter and make sure my heart is ok as I have never had 30-40 pvc's in one 4-5 min period.

FYI, I posted with also in the panic section. I woudl love some feedback on this. Thanks and I am glad to have found this website.

Amy2Crazy
03-08-08, 02:37
I also suffer from PVCs, and the first time I went to the ER it was because they had been going on for 7 hours....I was at the ER for 4 hours, and nearly every other beat was PVC...they sent me home, still having them...by the time I went to sleep that night, I was at 14 hours and counting...when I woke up the next morning, they were gone....I've had them since then, not quite that long, but sometimes for several hours....I know it is so terrifying, and it seems to also have to do with my children. The first time felt an ectopic beat was the night after I found out that they were moving to Houston with their father (they are 11 and 14, both boys) It was about a month and a half after that that I had to go to the ER the first time (have been 3 times in the last two months)... they gave me an ECG, EKG, chest xray and blood work every time...the only time anything odd showed up was the first ECG, which showed the PVCs, which, like I said, were every other beat....

Don't know if this helps, but you are definitely not alone in this...

Always,
Amy

sean31976
03-08-08, 03:50
Thanks Amy,

Its good to know that other people have "episodes" and I am not alone. Thanks for telling me your story to!

All us palpatators need to stick together:yesyes:

Alisonj
03-08-08, 05:22
I remember the first time I had constant PVC's. It was the day after Christmas and I had my husband put his head on my chest and listen. When he heard how crazy things sounded we headed of to the ER. It happened for hours there. But all the tests they ran etc came up with no problems at all. They are truly terrifying but they say that every single person has them but those of us with anxiety are more in tune to everything and notice them as opposed to others that dont really feel them or pay no attention to them. You are defintely not alone!

sean31976
03-08-08, 06:54
Man I thougt I was going to die last nigth. Iwas thinking earlier today back in the day when they used to chop peoples head of for punishment. I seem to think that I can relate to how that person must have felt, the minute or 2 before they chopped off thier head in the feeling that I had last night. Horrible, is all I can say.

Aleast I dont have real problem and at least its all in my mind and I dont have death threating cancer or any major sickness. Knock on wood!

Rachey poos
03-08-08, 08:17
im right there with ya hun.... i get bouts like amy....every other beat!,,,,,, you just know your gonna die evey time but deep down im used to them now.... horid buggers they are...ruin ur life!....huggies to ya hun xxxxx

Trixie
03-08-08, 08:35
:ohmy: Here is how it came to this, me and wife went to watch a movie (Step brothers). It was a great movie, I laughed my but off during the movie.

We went home watched a little more tv and went to bed.

I wake up at around 1am and have a heart palpatation, I get them here and there but then I had another one and another and another. Then I went into "I think I am going to die mode".

I have been previously diagnosed with PVC's which suppoedly are not a problem. But , I have been having them for the past 10 years and I have never had so many in a row. I must of had like 30-40 of them in a 4-5 mintue period.

I woke the wife up with the 911 person on the phone and told her to get an ambulance here now I think I am having a heart attack.

So she hangs up and then I call my mommy and talking to her it calmed me down and I stopped having the pvc's and told her that I had an ambulance coming.

So they show up and of coarse I had not a one pvc while they had me hooked up to there machine deally thing. So that was pretty embarassing.

then I went back to sleep ok .

I have been really stressed latly , I have 3 kids and another one coming on the way. I have been battling Alochol and cigerettes and quiting latly. I have not had one of either in about 5 days now.

I am still thinking I need to see a docter and make sure my heart is ok as I have never had 30-40 pvc's in one 4-5 min period.

FYI, I posted with also in the panic section. I woudl love some feedback on this. Thanks and I am glad to have found this website.

You mentioned that you are trying to give up smoking and alcohol that is good and it might well help your problem.

I thought you might be interested to read this..........

Somethings that may cause PVCs: • Stress • Stimulants like caffeine or nicotine • Excessive smoking and/or alcohol consumption • Illegal drugs like cocaine • Some kinds of over-the-counter cough and cold medicines. I bet you know this already though.:)

Good luck I hope you managed to stay off them.:yesyes:

lin
03-08-08, 12:18
Hi

I did the same thing wen i first got palps called for the ambulance 3 times thinking i was havin a heart attack. I have had these horrid things for 9yrs now and there is no let up with them. It makes me sooooo:mad: that i still have them even thou i dont get panicky or anxious now.

Hope you are ok now

linda x

sheena
04-08-08, 12:44
Just a thought but you mentioned you were having problems cutting down on alcohol. Alcohol is good at lessing panic attacks. You also might being having some withdrawal effects from not drinking. I hope this might be of some help.

Sheena

Amy2Crazy
06-08-08, 00:26
Alcohol maybe be good for numbing the feelings that panic attacks incur, but it can cause palpitations, and if that is why you are panicking in the first place, it doesn't help much at all...