PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for having me

BexieB
03-08-08, 01:15
Hi all, I've been reading up on this forum and hope i can become one of you who so generously gives your support and help. However at the moment I feel I have just decended into hell. Went to doc last week with mild to moderate anx. She prescribed lexapro which I have been taking for 5 days. Over the last 72hrs I've been subsumed with panic. No sleep, no food, just a waking hell. I don't know if I should discontinue now, she doesn't have surgery til tues, or continue in the hope that things will improve.

I took seroxat years ago and had no such problems and have remained panic free for the last 10 years, so didn't have too much hesitation this AD. Guess they're not all the same.

I am heartened by those posters who stuck with lexapro and saw results. If they had side effects like this, they are the bravest people I know. It is truely a leap of faith into a potential pit of despair.

Amy2Crazy
03-08-08, 02:46
Hi Robot,
I hope you find what you are looking for here. This place has been a lifesaver for me. Everyone is incredibly supportive, and it is really good to know you aren't alone.

Hope to see more posts,
Always,
Amy

pooh
03-08-08, 02:46
Hi Robot

And welcome along to NMP. I know the initial starting phase of a drug can be worse than what sent you to the docs to get it in the first place LOL But give it a decent chance before you stop hard as it is I know. I'm sure you'll gets lots of advice on here and lots of support too.

Pooh x

Alisonj
03-08-08, 05:25
Welcome to the forum. Defintely give the meds a chance and you might be surprised. You will find lots of others struggling with the same thing.

milly jones
03-08-08, 21:58
welcome hun

im not on lexpro, but i do know that side effects will go hunny, u just have to give it time

my ad made my anx much worse before it got better. but i have no regrets continuing taking it

milly xx

BexieB
04-08-08, 01:39
Thank u so much milly. I really needed that voice of experience at this time. I'm day 6 now on 5mg. I took AD for a GAD but now I'm having panic attacks. Sleeping and eating very little.

I did a lot of breathing excersing this evening and calmed right down. Went to bed and got asleep but woke up after an hour wide awake. Funny thing is I'm not really tired.

Thanks again milly, your post came at just the right time.

weeble40
04-08-08, 12:24
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

milly jones
04-08-08, 12:24
hugs xx

Lilith1980
04-08-08, 15:26
Hi Robot

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

titchjd
04-08-08, 15:32
Hi hope u are ok ..im not on same tablets but it took a while for mine 2 start 2 work and my anxiety got worse at 1st im on citalopram ...Its just your body getting used 2 having a new drug in its system .....anxiety is a side effect of many drugs people take 2 help with anxiety ...strange eh but it will get easier ..if it doesnt or you have other symptoms then u can change 2 something else ..

Hope u r ok x
Titch xxx

nomorepanic
04-08-08, 20:57
Hi Robot

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

Lindalou64
05-08-08, 14:40
Hello Robot And Welcome To The Site , I Wish Ya Well ,linda

lorac
05-08-08, 15:24
Hi Robot

:welcome: to the site I am sure you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol