PDA

View Full Version : I Did It!!!

XceteraX
03-08-08, 03:27
The last time I went to the track/football field to walk my dog I had an anxiety attack - not panic but I had all the symptoms mainly feeling disoriented and that "is this a dream" feeling. Anyhow my dog was exercised this afternoon at the track and tonight he was bored as I put him in his kennel and I fell asleep on the couch for four hours.

Needless to say I felt bad for him as he was very hyper. I decided to bring him to the track. It was about 8:00pm and getting dark but I went anyhow. We did the track about 5 times which is a little over a mile plus walked there and back so I figure about 2.5 miles in total. I had a bit of anxiety especially since it was starting to get very dark. I kept going around with him one more time. My anxiety was high but I pushed myself. I always do this. I push beyond the scope of my limits when I have anxiety just to prove to myself I can do it. I kept telling myself - I can have anxiety/panic any place - keep going.

I'm very proud of myself because since February of this year I've been going through hell (minus April/May/June) and now I'm switching meds so my anxiety is high.

I am so happy to have my dog because he helps me. He's the best therapy for me now that I'm off sick. He sometimes (well alot of times) stresses me out but then I miss him when I'm away from him. He's my best gift :yesyes:

Alisonj
03-08-08, 05:23
That is wonderful!!! Huge congratulations!

Bunty
03-08-08, 12:05
That is great. WELL DONE!!
Ask your doctor about trying 'Mindfulness' which my councillor has got me doing for anxiety/panic. It's working a treat and helps re-train the mind to be calmer.

Well done again!
Buntyx

XceteraX
03-08-08, 21:21
Thank you all !!! :bighug1:

That is great. WELL DONE!!
Ask your doctor about trying 'Mindfulness' which my councillor has got me doing for anxiety/panic. It's working a treat and helps re-train the mind to be calmer.

Well done again!
Buntyx

I have never heard of "Mindfullness" before. I will request information about this during my next appointment :)

Wenjoy
04-08-08, 11:48
Well done !! you are facing your fears - well done!!!

What is mindfullness and how does it work??
Wenjoy x

Lindalou64
05-08-08, 14:53
Well Done ,keep Up Tyhe Good Work, Wish Ya Well, Linda

lorac
05-08-08, 15:41
Well done, be proud of yourself coz you are doing well

Carol

milly jones
05-08-08, 21:15
vey well done to u and ur pooch

i too rely on my dogs to get me out and about, and the unconditional love they provide.

so hugs to u for ur great achievement

and hugs to all our pets too

milly xxx :hugs:

Southern_Belle
08-08-08, 15:10
Hi,

I'm glad you are pushing yourself because in the end it will help you. So glad you have your dog with you as they are great companions. I love mine to death!

Love and hugs,

Laura