PDA

View Full Version : hormone help

bab
03-08-08, 12:36
do any ladoes find this atall? Im fine for 2 weeks of the month and the other 2 weeks im terrible - a different person - i find the week after my period worst:shrug:

bex1970
03-08-08, 12:49
YES! I SO do. first week of cycle... quite happy and upbeat, two weeks following a nightmare....
I'm with you all the way....

bab
03-08-08, 13:08
Thanks Bex - I am like bloody jeckyl and hyde - dont mean a bad mood but my anxiety is through the roof for 2 weeks - next 2 weeks i totally forgot (well not totally) about anxiety - then it comes back!

lorac
03-08-08, 13:23
Hi bab

Can't offer much advice on this one, sorry, but I can tell you I am exactly the same and it is so annoying.

Carol

Charlottie
03-08-08, 15:57
I'm the same, two weeks before and it just gets gradually worse and worse. I'm going to get some help for the pms hopefully so I'll see how it goes.

juju
03-08-08, 18:07
i think that cos our stress symptoms are higher at this time it makes us more aware and more anxious.
i have had the implant and i now have no pmt-no periods-no side effects
ITS GREAT
i would rec to anyone
julie

bex1970
03-08-08, 22:43
What is the implant? Sorry to be ignorant... but this interests me as really suffer from hormonal mood swings...
Thanks
xx

eternally optimistic
03-08-08, 22:47
Hi

Im like that, really exagerates any anxiety I am suffering.

My doctor suggested I try a different type of pill that should help with these symptoms.

Havent tried it yet as I want to come of citaloprame b4 the end of the year and dont want to do it all together.

It is very unpleasant and a pain in the ....

Keep smiling everyone..

Jackie

lesleya
03-08-08, 22:57
Can i join the club too..
Im going through the change now and still get periods some months, but i still get the same symptoms as if i was going to have a period even if i dont...cramps / backache / breast pain and the anxiety and panics are definitely worse the week before and after. In fact sometimes i feel slightly less anxious the months i do have a period, its feels like a bit of a relief.
Oh...the joy being a woman!

ShineUK
28-08-08, 21:04
Hi Bab,
I know how you feel !!!! Go and take a look at the "Powersurge" website. It's great for all of the PMT and menopause stuff. It has helped me no-end and hopefully it will help to reassure you too.

Take care
Shine

keepemlaughing
28-08-08, 22:08
Have a hysterectomy like me! No more probs!
Sheryl

petmad
28-08-08, 22:16
Hi
I suffer with hormones and never found the pill helped me, just started on citalopram and hoping they will help me. I have got worse over the years and wish there was some cure, I think many of us suffer but its not that recognised by people so we always look the baddies, I hate being like it so would love to be able to change.
I often find that the week after I am as bad as the week before so only one week of the month I feel relatively normal before the anxiety kicks in again..
x

rhodes
28-08-08, 22:22
there is a book called "what your doctor may not tell you about premenopause". Dr. John. r. Lee. M.D. you don't have to be 50 to have your hormones out of balance. When a person has too much estrogen and not enough progesterone. It throws your body out of balance.
good luck.

rhodes
28-08-08, 22:25
i forgot to mention it says to avoid birth control pills but to try the natural progesterone cream. But check with your doctor about hormone levels first to see which hormones you lack. THe book was a life saver for me