PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

jane
04-05-05, 16:57
Hi my name is Jane, i am 23 and don't know whats wrong with me. I feel anxious all the time about the most stupid things and i don't know what to do i feel emotionally and physically exhausted i just want to sleep all the time. I'm finding it really hard to describe my symtoms because i am embarassed, but i will try i suppose i have a fear of dying i was very ill about 2 years ago i think it was around this time that i started to feel anxious i had a very bad kidney infection which resulted in me being in hospital for 2 weeks and then having on going tests for about 18 months afterwards. it was probably about 2 months after coming out of hosiptal i had my first panic attack, it was at night and i was home alone i just felt i couldnt breathe and was to scared to sleep in case i didnt wake up again since that night i have been trying everything in my power not to have any more but i feel i cant relax in case i get that feeling again, this is really affecting my health i'm paranoid about eating and drinking even taking tablets i think its a control thing if i havent made the food or drink i dont know what is in it this sounds so pathetic i must be mad i cant drink in a public place as i get scared in case someone has spiked my drink i freak out after drinking even a sip. i cant take any tablets as im scared of having an allergic reaction. I ahve looked around the sight and you all seem to have such important goals and mine must seem daft but i would love just to be able to enjoy a glass of wine i haven't touched alcohol for about 18 months and im scared of the effect alcohol will have on me and that i will freak out and panic as im not in control. please help and tell me im not mad

Jane

kairen
04-05-05, 18:04
Hi jane,

Sorry you feel so bad at tne moment but if youread the posts you will see that nearly everyone has felt like this at some point have you read the welcome page as it explains things really well good luck and try and relax, take nice slow controlled breaths and try thinking of happy thoughts

kairen x

seh1980
04-05-05, 18:08
hello Jane,

Welcome to the site!! :)

You are not mad hun. I think we have all felt like you at some point. I haven't touched alcohol in almost 2 years because I'm scared of what it will do to me so I drink non-alcoholic wine as it makes me feel more normal.

Everyone here is very friendly and I'm sure you'll get some good advice and support.

Sarah :D

vernon
04-05-05, 18:29
hi jane welcome to the site hope you get the help you need here. We also have a chat if you fancy a talk or a joke every one is so friemdly and it has hellped me loads. there is usualy someone in after 8 each night. take care. Vernon

carlin
04-05-05, 18:46
Hi Jane and welcome,
You are not at all mad. what you describe are typical symptoms, which most of us here have had at some time or another, i can so fully understand what started this awful cycle, after being so ill, and then having lots of tests, enough to panic anyone, please do not feel embarrassed, keep reading lots of information on this site and keep in touch, everyone here are sympathic and kind, you will find lots of support. xxx

pinkscrumpy
04-05-05, 18:49
Hi Jane

Welcome to the site and yes we have all had those symtoms at some point so if you are mad more than half of the uk population is mad.

with love

mandie

MANDIE XX

Meg
04-05-05, 18:59
Hi Jane

**since that night i have been trying everything in my power not to have any more ** and what have you been doing to aid this ??

First Steps : First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Everything you're describing is very comon and most of us have been through it so don't be embarrassed at all.

Never mind the alcohol right now -lets get you able to go to a friends for a home cooked supper

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Emmie
04-05-05, 21:05
Hi Jane, ive only just discovered this site myself but there is some really helpful and positive advice. Im 23 too and i have the same problem of being scared of taking any medication incase i have an allergic reaction! Im not sure why this has just started happening to me but i also worry about eating certain foods and using new products incase im allergic! I think it started because my skin reacted to something but it has gone on from there. You are not mad at all and i hope you are doing ok.
Take care
Em x

florence
04-05-05, 21:37
Hi Jane,
Wow, I had a very similar experience to yours. I had an illness called endometriosis when i was 19, which required surgical treatment. I stayed in hospital for 8 days. Anxiety came to me 3 months after. It occured in a very similar way to yours. I was home alone too, at night, and when I went to bed, I had this weird sensation too, couldnt catch my breath and felt like "sinking" into the matress. This is when for the first time, I thought I was dying. After that I suffered with panic attacks, and anxiety for about 2 years, and I didnt believe it was all anxiety related. But it was.
This was more than 8 years ago, and I am still alive!
I can reassure you that you're not going mad and it will get better.
Take care for now.

Florence.

**To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.**

Karen
04-05-05, 22:12
Hi Jane

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Craig
05-05-05, 09:35
Hi Jane

Welcome!

Like many people have said you are not alone. I went into hospital for something very minor in Sept last year. I didn't realise it at the time, but looking back now that's when the negative/panic thoughts started creeping in...

There's lots of help and support here! So please try to stay positive!

Craig

sal
05-05-05, 16:32
Hi Jane

Welcome to the site. You are no way mad hun, we all understand how you feel and hope we can be off some help.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

nomorepanic
05-05-05, 16:56
Hiya Jane

Welcome aboard.

We all have different issues and problems but there are loads on this forum with similar issues to yours so you are not alone atall. Having a goal of being able to drink a glass of wine is not a silly one - it is something you want to do and therefore it is important to you.

I don't like taking meds either as I worry about the side-effects so you are not alone with that.

Hope we can be of some help to you on here.

Nicola