PDA

View Full Version : hi just started taking and a few questions exersising etc ?

markb
04-08-08, 07:19
well just been put on these propanalol 10mg 3 times a day to start with then possibly increasing to double , to help with stress anxiety possibly migraines aswell.
I started yesterday , all seems ok however they made me feel rather tired and i didnt sleep great , kept waking up .i was worried about taking them but will try thrm for a while .
My pulse seems nice and low in the 60,s but was mostly like this anyway.
Question is i like to bike ride and exercise in general but was wondering will the tablets affect this .

noonoo
04-08-08, 12:32
I'm on 80mg once a day, the last bike ride I went on was fine until I got home I had a panic attack and thought was it that i'd overdone it or what.

We're all different so it'll probably be okay, just take it easy.

xxxxx

Jaco45er
04-08-08, 12:53
I used to take them regular, I only have them for panic attacks now (rare, thank flump).

My resting heartbeat is 58, it dropped to 54 on them but I still used my MTB and went to the gym.

Give your GP a call, but I am sure exercising while taking them is fine.

BTW they did make me lethargic too, check with the GP to see if the dose is a little high for you.

In summary, always check with the GP lol

Good luck

markb
08-08-08, 08:05
Hi thanks i have to go back to my docs in september so will talk to him , they really do make me tired in the afternoon mostly.
I tried to go for a bike ride yesterday ,it wore me out , i dont seem to have any adrenalin to keep going it seems weird.My heart wasnt beatingto quick but i was out of breath and my legs were worn out . Will try again later i think.

Veronica H
08-08-08, 10:49
Hi MarkB
I have been on the same dose as you plus 10mg of Citalopram daily for about a month now. My heart rate was hovering around the 90 mark most of the time as I have hypertension which was untreated at the time. My heart rate has remained at a steady 70 ever since.This helped immediately with my panic attacks removing the fight or flight element and allowing me to concentrate on the anxiety. As for side effects - cold sweaty hands and feet for the first week - a common side effect. The 'runs' for about a week. I have very occasional asthma related to hayfever, and posted earlier on the site since generally betablockers are not prescribed to asthmatics and the asthma had started. This has now subsided. Told to carry on with betablockers for now but will have to be monitored. Dr said to avoid taking the last dose of betablocker late in the evening as you go off to bed as it can make you overheat and result in bad dreams. The Dr advised as much exercise as I could manage as this is a great way to deal with excess adrenalin. It is hard to say whether the betablockers are making me more tired as tend to be up and down with panic and anxiety with good and bad days. I hope some of this helps.
Best wishes
Veronica H

markb
09-08-08, 18:32
well i have dicide that i dont think these tablets are for me , will give them till monday and see my doctor but i dont like the affect they have on me .
i feel spaced out too much have no energy feeling dizzy cant concentrate light headed and just not right lol.
Perhaps there is an alternative such as Citalopram or even the herbal rescue remedy which i found very helpfull.

i will let you know..