PDA

View Full Version : my daughter is ill and i feel lost.

Paddington
04-08-08, 12:00
I could do with a hug.My Daughter has just been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis..she is 28!She is so brave and has dealt with it very well so far..we are very close..oh i wish it was me not her:weep: I have been feelng lost for a while now..have not even been on here for ages..it felt like my home here..and it all went wrong..oh dont start crying you twit Paddie:lac: I just miss the support and could do with some now..i WILL be there for my Daughter ..but those who know me will know i have little family support and no friends[cept those on here:flowers: ]Soz for going on..Love Paddie.xxxxx

PUGLETMUM
04-08-08, 12:05
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
dear paddie, i have just come on as i too am feeling lost and alonea nd lo and be-hold your here!!!! i know its negative but im still glad i a have the chance to speak with you - i know we can mail each other - but im glad your here too. im really sorry that your daughter has been diagnosed with that, i cant be positve about it or negative because i dont know anything about it - all i can say is that you are not alone and never will be:hugs: :hugs: if you want to pm me do and if you want to ring we can arrange that too??? i need a freind at the mo too:blush: :hugs: sorry your feeling bad:weep: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

weeble40
04-08-08, 12:32
paddy and emma Im sending lots of hugs to both of you

Emma xxx

Piglet
04-08-08, 12:44
Hugs all round I think. :hugs:

Paddie we've already talked about this but I am only on the end of the phone if you need me. Just to say again like many other conditions its one of degrees - lots of people live to ripe old ages with only occasional flare ups, my neighbour being one of them (she does have very painful knees at times but is now in her 70's having had it for donkeys years).

So try and keep that positive spirit of yours and only cross bridges as and when ok!! :shades:

Big hugs to my good friend and fellow bag of sh*te!! :winks: :bighug1:

Piglet :flowers:

bluesparkle
04-08-08, 13:07
hi paddie
sending you loads of :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
my friend has this and has had it for many years but although painful at times she lives life to the full. . . and adapts to what she needs(drives automatic etc)
just take one day at a time and try not to worry about the future. . . i know thats is a silly thing to say as we do worry especailly when its our children.
but you have all of us here if you need to talk shout scream moan ok...
do not be sorry for "going on" isnt that what we`re here for, you are such a lovely person and have given me many sensible and caring replies.
rach
x

:hugs:

milly jones
04-08-08, 13:12
hugs to u and ur daughter paddie

take care

milly xxx :hugs:

Paddington
04-08-08, 16:51
Oh thank you everyone..it means soooo much:hugs: :hugs: Oh Emma mate..i will e-mail you too..what are we like:shrug: Piglet You are so right and i know she will be ok..it is just the initial shock:scared15: ,and she is such a kind wise and sincere girl..i got all angry at why this should happen to her..but hey we cant pick and choose our destiny can we..just make the ride as comfortable as possible... I am glad i posted ..i miss everyone on here,so thanks again:hugs: Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Squibbet
04-08-08, 19:42
Hello Paddie ... everyone else seems to be calling you that, so I hope you don't mind my doing it too :)

I'm new here, so we don't know each other, but my eldest daughter is 29, so I can relate to how you must be feeling. She's all grown up now - flew away to the city years ago, and I rarely see her, but I still hear from her, or about her from her sister. It doesn't matter how old they are, or who's giving advice/care to whom - after all, I'm the one who's constantly asking for advice right now, not her! - they never stop being your children, do they? And we never stop wishing we could have their pain for them and leave them carefree and secure.

I'm sending you and your daughter all the positive thoughts and luck and strength I can.

And of course, the requested hugs! :) :hugs: :hugs:

Coni
04-08-08, 20:05
Sending you hugs paddie...sorry you and your daughter are going through this. Remember you are definitely not on your own when you have all your friends here.

Thinking of you both

luv Coni XX

alexis
04-08-08, 21:16
Hi paddie, im so sorry to hear about your daughter, I was diagnosed with the same condition a few months ago after suffering pain and swellings, I feel bitter that I have it at my age and Im 49 so i can only imagine how you feel,sending big hugs to both of you,xxx

Lindalou64
05-08-08, 15:11
Hello Paddie Sorry To Hear About Ya Daughter You Sound Like A Terrific Mom, As Moms Would Love To Take Away Our Childrens Pains And Ect Alls We Can Do Is Be By There Side, I Wish Ya Both Well, Linda Xxxx

Granny Primark
05-08-08, 18:53
Oh paddie,
For once I really dont know what say.
I just want give you and your daughter loads of :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
I can so understand what you say about you wish it was you and not her.
Please feel free to txt me or ring me.
You have been a help to me and I will always be grateful for that.
You are such a loving caring person. Nmp and its members are lucky to have you as a member.

Loads and loads of love and good wishes to you and your family.

honeybee3939
05-08-08, 20:15
Sending you and your daughter lots of hugs Paddie

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
thinking of you both hun.:flowers:

love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Karen
05-08-08, 20:26
Hugs Paddie :hugs: I know how devasted you are about this and how close you are to your daughter. You'll be there for her when she needs you and there are lots they can do these days with treatments.

I'm here for you hun any time, text or ring of whatever if you want a chat. You are not alone :hugs:

Karen xx

den42
05-08-08, 21:00
hi paddie
sorry to hear about your daughter, you can text me you know im always here for you as you are with me
take care and we will speak soon
denise :bighug1:

Paddington
07-08-08, 10:21
Thanks Squibbet,yes call me paddie..i rather like it:D How lovely to meet you and thank you for your kind reply,i bet you miss your girl dont you,still little girls to us hey hun:flowers:
Thanks Coni hun,means alot:) ..Oh alexis i am sorry you too are in pain:lac: Maybe we could advise each other on treatment we find useful..Vit E is said to be good for RA ,i have just bought Laura a bucket of it:scared15: oh and omega 3 oils..got mine from a place on the net called zipvit..very cheap bulk buying mate:hugs: Hey Lynn,thank you for the reply and your txt hun:hugs: your post made me fill up[get the bog roll,she's off!]what a lovely thing to say..you take care and speak soon:hugs:
Honey bee,denise,and blue sparkle too..thank you so much for your replies..oh and Karen too..crikey this is turning into an oscar acceptance speech:roflmao: it's just that I feel like i am back in the bosom of my family:D Well Laura is coping..her meds are taking the swelling down a bit and the pain is more bearable too..early days yet:flowers: Will keep ypu guys posted.Loe and hugs Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Southern_Belle
08-08-08, 16:25
Hi Paddie,

Hugs to you both and I hope she can get treatment to ease her pain. I have osteoarthritis so I know mine can be treated. I know you are both in shock right now so you are both in my prayers.

Love,

Laura

pips
08-08-08, 18:51
Hi Paddie,

I'm so very sorry to here this hun. Sending you both http://www.paddingtonbear.co.uk/media/images/post5_615.gif

Take Care,

Love & Wishes,:hugs:

Pip's X X X X

Paddington
12-08-08, 16:08
:hugs: Laura and Pips thank you so much:hugs: Laura i am sorry you too have pain hun..i have osteo too not all over ,in my shoulders, hips and back and the latest one is my thumb..ouch!Laura[my daughters name too]is not too good these past three days ,the meds have not worked ,,but she keeps her chin up.Thank you so much for your concern:hugs: Love Paddie,xxxxxxxxxxx