PDA

View Full Version : Ok...make me see reason here

bottleblond
04-08-08, 13:46
Hi Guys,

Ok...i'm probably being an absolute plonka BUT Ben (my son) left this morning to go on holiday with my mum. He's only been away 4 hours and i have already done my housework, washed the bedroom carpets and re-painted my hall. I want him to have a briliant time but my stomach is it knots here.

I love the rest when he goes down to my mums for the night but i think it's because he is sooooo far away at the moment L. All sorts are going through my head, what if he has an accident? what if they have a crash? what if this and what if that. They ain't due back till Saturday, so someone tell me how to re-channel these thoughs into positive ones before i got nuts :wacko: Lol eeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!

Love Lisa
xxxxxxxx

erialc
04-08-08, 14:00
Awwww Lisa hun, bound to be a bit strange when he is away.

Is there something you like doing? that could take your mind off it?

Doing a bit of housework with the music on loud and singing to it is always a good one for me :winks: to take my mind off all the other stuff.

Just think he is probably having a wicked time, being spoilt by his nan :)

tc

C xxx

bottleblond
04-08-08, 14:02
Cheers Claire,

At this rate i'll be a size 6 by the time he comes home :whistles: NOT!!!

XXXXXXXX

nikk_dolittle
04-08-08, 14:25
Just sending some hugs Lisa.

:hugs::bighug1: :hugs: :bighug1:

N xxxxxxxxxxxxx

bottleblond
04-08-08, 14:29
Thanks Nikk hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Fool
04-08-08, 15:09
i remember when my sister used to go away to sleepovers alot i would worry all night that somthing might happen.if it really worries you ,you could alwasy call him to say good night so you no hes definatly ok.

bottleblond
04-08-08, 15:12
Awwwww bless ye hun!! i have just spoken to him and he ain't best please because there isn't a Macdonald where he is LMFAO, That's me lad!!! But yeah, i will call him at night too!!

Thanks sweety

Love Lisa
xxx

milly jones
04-08-08, 15:13
hi lisa

long time no chat hunny

i would just concentrate on some u time too.

do things that uve been planning to do but cant cos of him being there.

if it was me id make a timetable for each day to set goals to do, nice ones like a trip to lush to get bath bombs, and have a candle lit bath night.

then as the days and goals are achieved ben will be back all the sooner

a bit like small steps, breaking the days up smaller to get to the weekend quicker.

hope bens having a brill time, and even though hes away he will always love his mum

mill xxx

titchjd
04-08-08, 15:15
Hiya ...hope u ok and not decided 2 build an extension on yr house lol .....Im gna b in same position in a few weeks as my daughter goes away with her dad and partner on their honeymoon and shes 8 and never been away more than a night ......I keep imagining all sorts allready ...I had put down for loads of overtime at work but now im off sick due 2 anxiety so really wont know wot 2 do ....think im gna re decorate her room as surprise .
I dont know how 2 re ocuppy yr mind m8 as I'll be the same so just keep busy and just remember he'll be fine with nan hess having a gr8 tym which is what u want xx

Take care hun
Titch xxxxx

bottleblond
04-08-08, 15:48
Thanks so much Milly and Titch. Everytime i feel myself floating into my "what if's" thoughs, i try to distract pretty quick by doing something else. Grr gonna be a long week!

xxxx

titchjd
04-08-08, 16:02
Those what if thoughts are so very normal and as a mom we get them all the tym ..1st day at school or each tym they sleep over sumwhere even 4 1 nyt .lol ...all i say is thank god 4 mobile phones cus ill be ringing Jade every 5mins when shes away haha ..
U will have 2 give me some tips in a few weeks on how u manage the week x

Where has Ben gone ...just think the poor boy can't have a Mcdonalds ..bless him xxxxx
Titch xxxxx

bottleblond
04-08-08, 16:22
Hi Titch.

He's gone on an island hop around the north of Scotland with my mum...Mull, Skye, that sort of thing. I doubt very much he will find a macdonalds anywhere up there lol. I'll probably have decorated his bedroom about 6 times before he gets home lol

xxxx

titchjd
04-08-08, 16:27
Hi LIsa ....
Is that very far from where u live? Its hard being a single mom..Im the same Im that used 2 having Jade here I really dont know what Ill do with my time ..and Im hoping shell be ok as she can be quite clingy 2 me as its been us 2 for so long .Im going 2 be one of those moms still hanging around the school playground when shes 16 lol x

What have u got planned for tonight .....put yr feet up and watch a film or have a relaxing bubble bath .

Titch xxxxxxx

bottleblond
04-08-08, 17:20
Hiya Titch

Well i'm in Livingston, which is central Scotland and Ben has gone right to the very north tip so it's a good few hundred miles away.

Yeah i know what you mean about it being hard being a single mum, Ben is my whole life, my normality...if you know what i mean? lol so it's like my normality and routine has left me for the next few days and i'm like WTF lol

it's funny coz my best friend is a single mum and her boy has just gone on holiday with her mum also and she is like YEEEEEEEHA!! somewhere inbetween would do me just fine.

Tonight, problably spend some time in the chat room here, then i may book a movie! what about you?

xxx

titchjd
04-08-08, 17:31
Hi
I totally agree with u my daughter keeps me from cracking up sometyms haha she makes me makes me laff and smile when Im down ..I will dred her going away but really want her 2 aswell for her sake as I dont take her anywhere suffering with anxiety and agoraphobia so glad shes getting a holiday .But ill prob just cry for the 5days lol

Not doin much 2nyt a friend from work is popping round as Im off work and Im going 2 have Pizza yum yum and later my daughter and friend want me 2 play monopoly .....oh what an exciting life i lead lol xxx
Titch xxx

diane07
04-08-08, 19:26
Aww lisa hun,

been there, done that, plan your days hun, do all the things that would bore ben if he was home, get the girlie films out, for gods sake read, go online and find the catherine alliott books, you will love them, they had me in tears crying with laughter, and above all lisa.......... do remember..... your mum did a fab job of looking after you hun, theres no way on gods earth she will let anything happen to ben

spoil yourself girl, he'll be back before you know it.

di xx

bottleblond
04-08-08, 19:33
Diane

Thanks for that hun!! i'll do my very best, i promise!! either that or i will have decorated the whole house again by the time he gets home, still got zillions of paint left :winks: a friend of ours has just had his first book published and i received my copy this morning, so that looks like a right hoot.

xxxxx

lilibet
04-08-08, 19:55
Oh i know what you mean. My son who is 12 is going on his first army cadet annual camp on sat for a week. He is going to scotland and i live in central england (worcestershire). I worry like mad when he is away. How long have you got on your own?

Love lilibet x x x

Lindalou64
05-08-08, 15:33
Hey Lisa Hun Oh I Can Relate When My Boys Started To Go Off Far Away Its The Mother Intinct In Us, Kinda Asking The Wrong Person On Advise On This ..lol.....just Talkin To Them Daily Helped Me I Suppose I Hope He Is Checkin In With Ya, Everything Will Be Ok My Friend, He Will Be Home Soon Then You Will Be Like Oh Already Hes Back After 2 Days Lol...love Ya, Linda Xxxxx

bottleblond
05-08-08, 17:54
Hi Lili

He should be back on Saturday if not before, he was really upset at bedtime last night because he was missing me. He's ok today though! thank god lol....i'm not too bad today either as i have kept myself busy by painting his room.

Hope your ok when your lad goes away hun, just keep busy and remember he's probably having loads of fun.

Linda!

Thankyou my darling mate!!....lurve ye too :bighug1:

xxxx

jodie
05-08-08, 18:33
hiya mate
glad he is better than last night he will be fine and home befor you know it :bighug1:

jodie xxx

titchjd
05-08-08, 18:58
Hi Lisa ...how are you ..still painting the house lol.....have u heard from your son is he ok ......have u kept yourself busy x
hope u ok xx
Hugs
Titch xxxx

bottleblond
05-08-08, 20:16
Hi Titch

Awww thanks for thinking of me! Yeah i heard from Ben earlier, he is staying in Josie Jumps house in Tobermorie, which in real life is a hotel so he's back to being a happy boy again lol! i kept saying eadie mcreadies for some reason.

I'm fine today thanks hun and yup, still painting!!
Thanks for thinking of me again, appreciate it

Love Lisa
xxxxxx