PDA

View Full Version : pressure in ears

maggiemay
04-08-08, 17:38
I am still worried by these symptoms I have going on in my ears. There is a feeling of fullness on and off and when they feel blocked I can hear all echoey sounds in my head and a very hollow sound. If I tilt my chin up I can feel a post nasal drip at the back of my throat which is thin and watery. I do normally have hay fever at this time of the year but this year I am sneezing now and again but no itchy roof of my mouth or streaming nose. In the morning when I wake I feel quite normal but as the day goes on the blocked feeling sets in and then I get in on and off through the day just like hay fever would be. Please can someone tell me if they suffer precisely with this hollow head symptom as it is really, really worrying me. Thank you.

decca
04-08-08, 20:38
Maggie,
Have you seen your Doc. about this , sound like a Sinus infection to me, blocked Sinus can also put pressure on the ears, giving symptoms like fullness,dizziness and tinitus.
Best wishes
Decca.

maggiemay
04-08-08, 20:44
Hello Decca,
No I haven't seen the doctor. Thats part of my anxiety. I am so afraid that he will find that I have a sinus cancer or something. I am also terrified of side effects of drugs as I react quite badly. For instance one half of a piriton tablet makes me very sleepy and I am not a lightweight!! i am hoping that my own body defences will overcome this in time. Whatever causes the hollow sound in my head? Thank you for replying.

decca
04-08-08, 22:04
Hi Maggs,
Yea I fully understand where you're coming from but a sinus infection can become very serious if left untreated, how about phoning the NHS helpline 0845 4647 or your surgery sister for advice and tell them about your anxiety, one of the Docs might phone you back or just put out a script for a short 3 day course of antibiotics,something like Cephalexin is good and has no side effects at all, I'm allergic to most but can take it when I have to.
Alternatively try something like a Vick inhaler it might just clear it up for you.

Decca.