PDA

View Full Version : chats is for support

purplehaze
05-08-08, 07:20
Hi

The chat room is a privilage of this site and not a right. There is no doubt some people do abuse that privilage and thus the mods are there to keep the room "in line" with the rules. Most have engaged in risky banter(my self included) but we need to give thought to those no matter what age they are, who because of their emotional health can be offended by it.
Chat is part of the healing process for so many and many have made good friends via chat.
The chat room has become part of their social life and that is a positive thing and another step towards the goal of overcoming their anxiety.

I spoke to someone a few months ago who told me the chat room was a life line for them and because of it they are now getting out and about because before they could not even talk on the phone.

It is great that we come to think of the chat room as "our" chat room and a place where we can all meet up and share our news be that good or bad and give each other support but we must keep in mind the purpose of the chat room and that is for support.

The mods are there to ensure the smooth running of the room and we cannot have a them and us mentality.
If we have an issue with a mod or anyone for that matter, we can email or pm the admin team because no one is bigger than the site itself.
we also need to think of the reputation of the site because many health professionals are advising their clients to go on the site and I have a few friends who are doctors and they have directed people to the site. This may not directly concern us (if we choose to be selfish) but it does affect those who keep this site up and running.

This post is not an attack on others coz If that was a the case (people in glass houses shoudnt throw stones)

It is looking at what the chat rooms for and how we as adults conduct ourselves and for the most part the chat room is a fantastic place with great people.

Lets also give the whole of the NMP team some credit for the work they do on this site. I costed the running of a site like this yesterday and it is not cheap. Yet more than that, it takes many many hours of work each day just keeping it running as smoothly as it does.

Post something positive to this thread, be that a thank you to someone in chat or to a mod or the NMP team for running the site. Lets keep encouraging each other in chat and be there to support each other.

kev xx

alexis
05-08-08, 08:18
Hi Kev, thanks and well said.I used to go in chat all the time when I first joined this site, being a severe insomniac and border agrrophobic it was a life saver.We used to have a laugh as well as discussing our "problems of the day" but there was never any trouble. I made a lot of friends whom Ive since met a few of and talk on msn to.
One friend lives not to far and we do get to meet regularly, as we are both almost recoverd we have a fantastic time, without chat and this site we would not be doing that today.Thanks again.xxx

lainey
05-08-08, 09:42
Hi Kevin

What a great post.
I also could not have done without chat when my anxiety was at it's worst. It always used to cheer me up.
I would like to thank Nicola and her team for everything they do for us all on here, and without them I would not b where I am now.

Elaine xxx:D:D:D:D:D:D

diane07
05-08-08, 15:59
Well said kev,

Chat can be such a great place to be, so many friends like i feel i've known for years and yet its only been a few months. And boy have i had some laughs in there, in fact, sometimes to the point of crying with laughter, i also remember that sometimes people come into chat to go to help, which is never a problem. There are people of all ages in there and sometimes it gets slightly out of hand, we just must remember to be courteous and think of others.

As for the mods...... we have such a laugh with them....... and they are also a great support......... lisa for one has been a huge support to me, a complete angel.

There are so many people in chat that i value, we must remember that we're all different and we should appreciate that.

A huge thank you to nic and the team for so much hard work.

best wishes

di xx

bottleblond
05-08-08, 16:42
Well said Kev and what a lovely post. The moderators and admin team are all anxiety sufferers also so we are all in the same boat here. Everyone on this site is equal and therefor all deserve the same support and you put your point over brilliantly.

Thanks and take care

Love Lisa
xxxx
:bighug1:

bottleblond
05-08-08, 16:44
Awwwwwww Thanks Diane :flowers: Your a lovely person and a great support to many here, including myself hun!!

Love and hugs
Lisa
xxxxxxxx

bluesparkle
05-08-08, 17:37
i just had to add to this post!
i agree kev. . .
the admins and mods and especailly nic and alex all deserve the greatest respect cos with out them this site would not be here and i know i for one would not be where i am now with out nmp.
i have been a member for many years (an oldie lol) but have always been made to feel very welcome in chat. . . ive had a laugh and also had loads of support . . .
it is a life line to many when things get to much i sign in and know that people will be there sometimes i say nothing and i am never pressured to do so. . . and some times i winge and moan and i am never judged. .. and sometimes i am just me and they cant shut me up. . .
so loads of hugs and thanks to ALL of you.
rach
x

milly jones
05-08-08, 20:50
id like to add my support for nmp too

im very grateful for all that nmp does

it is a life line for me too

i have been absent from chat because of some issues regarding some daft teasing. my sa made me very paranoid about what ppl were saying about me.

i do miss chat and probably will have the courage to return one day.

certainly chat helped me no end in overcoming my sa fears, and i have made huge steps thanks to nmp and my friends on here.

i respect the mods, esp lisa and jodie, who have helped me so much.

i also feel that i can pm anyone in nmp team and they take me seriously if i have a problem/issue, thank you

nmp is part of my everyday life now

god bless

milly xx

bottleblond
05-08-08, 23:28
Milly i don't have SA so i'm not 100% sure about how it would feel although i can imagine, i just want to say that you are one of the nicest people to use the room and that alot of folk there adore you, including myself!

Hugs to you mate
love Lisa
xxxxxxxx

milly jones
06-08-08, 09:53
thank u lisa

i will come back when i feel stronger, i need u lot xx

hugs

mill xx

pooh
06-08-08, 11:52
Well said Purple!

Pooh x

Rous
12-02-09, 05:35
Well said PurpleHaze, :yesyes:

I'd like to say that since I've been on Chat it has helped me greatly. :D

I must admit I spend most of my time in Chat than in the Forum, actually this is my first proper post on the NMP Forum. :blush:

I too would like to thank all the Mods & Admins as well for such a great service that they provide. :D

I'd also like to say...

The Chat is here for those who come needing immediate Help & Support, they don't come to get Hassle, if you came here to hassle other folk then you have surely come to the wrong place & should ask yourself why you are here.:dry:

How would you like it if you came here for Help & Support and only got Hassle? I don't think you would, so please don't do it to others.

No-one comes here for Hassle, only for Help & Support!:shades:

We're all here to Help & Support each other with our problems, folk have helped me and I hope I've done a good job helping others in return, well proper help and not just helping folk with their computer problems, which I don't mind doing too. :laugh:

Once again I thank all the Mods & Admins for the great work they do, plus all those who've helped me through Chat. :yesyes:

Take care all of you & I hope to see you all in Chat soon. :bighug:

Rousel, The Quiet Man. (Formerly known as 'Long Talker'.) :shades:

sandramick
12-02-09, 12:13
hugs and thanks to everyone involved in running this brill site . iwould be lost without it.
sandra
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

t0rt01se36
12-02-09, 12:26
Three years ago I was messed up. Rarely went out during Autumn/Winter time and my Panic Attacks were at their worse. If I hadn't used the Chatroom, I wouldn't have become the stronger person I am now, would have had the courage to seek advice from my GP and made friends with people who understand my Issues.

I appreciate all that is done to have the Chatroom available to us and thank all Mods and Admin for the work they have done and currently do.

smiley
12-02-09, 18:12
hi all just an addition to the rest of the posts id like to say a huge thank you to all the team here at nmp - the admin, mods and anyone else who i have missed out.This site has been a huge part of my recovery due to the many friends i have made and the great advice i have received from forums etc.Lisa many thanks for all your advice you have passed on to me,Stace for being a good friend,Sax,Tet and the other guys thank you.Lastly to anyone reading this the chat room is a great place to find advice and i have made many friends on there over time.
Anyway enough from me you all take care and a massive thank you again xxxxxxxx

kittykat
13-02-09, 10:43
I'd just like to agree with all the above, chat is fantastic , i go through phases when i use it a lot and then times when i dont, but just knowing it is there is a great comfort, and knowing i can get my mind taken of a particular worry, or some great advice or even just a good old chinwag. So keep up all the good work and a huge thankyou to all those who run and moderate it xx

Hellybelly
27-02-09, 14:52
i couldnt agree with tht more kev well put x x

loz50
17-04-09, 23:37
Im new here but i love the site. i have never been given anything but a warm welcome. sometimes i join in chat other times i just like reading what other people are saying and thanks to the lovely people on here i know i am not alone. so a big thank you to NMP . i am looking forward to making new friends and hopefully being a help to others
loz
xxx

london
18-04-09, 03:58
about time all the mods & admins got a pat on the back thay do a very good job thank you very much mods & admins

StandFree1903
19-04-09, 22:46
Great post Kev

The chatroom has been instrumental in my return to normality.

if it wasnt for everyone on here i would still be the wreck i was last year.

Pamii

xx