PDA

View Full Version : not getting amywhere ...help please xxx

titchjd
05-08-08, 15:14
Hi everyone ..I need some advice please I hve een off work now 3 weeks with my panic attacks anxiety and graduall agoraphobia and dont feel any further forward I have posted other threads stating this but realy feel trapped at the moment .
I have been reading Claire Weekes and understand what I have 2 do especially the accepting my symptoms and fear .....but how do i do this when I feel so bad ......has anyone else managed 2 over come and accept their fear if so how do u do it .....I havent been out at all again since Sunday and need 2 go 2 shops over the road but just panic at the thought .

soz 2 go on but need some advice

hope u are all well:winks:
Titch xxxxxxx

titchjd
05-08-08, 17:20
soz shud say not getting anywhere not amywhere haha

marie1974
05-08-08, 17:37
hiya titch hun, im sorry and its horrid isnt it feeling so crap, i only know the way i did stuff i feared and that to grit your teeth, tell yourself nothing is gonna happen and just do it. mayb as u r walking to the shops keep saying to yourself all the time, i am ok, i can do this, nearly there, nearly there, i can do it etc and do it on way home too. you will great once u done it.
im here if u need me matey hugs xxx ps u been good to me xx

titchjd
05-08-08, 17:46
Hiya thanx Donna ..yeah its crap m8 ...was really gna give it a good go this week at getting out and ive stayed in arghhhh .....keep saying 2 myself will do it 2moz then i neva do .....x
How r u feeling 2 day m8 xxx
u have been here 4 me 2 m8
Thanx xxxxxxxxxxxxx

pooh
05-08-08, 17:51
Hi Titch

Several months ago i had a different job to the one I am in now. Due to various reasons I had a major panic attack several times. I went to the doc and we agreed not to sign me off of work ( i took two shifts off), instead i was given a two week supply of 10 mgs of diazepam and began taking prozac.
It wasnt easy, especially on my boyfriend who gawd knows how many times had to sit outsidfe my work so I felt safe, this reduced down to making sure he came if i phoned, to now I am in a new job and don't bother.

I couldn't have got through that initial phase without the drugs. But It also came from sheer determination. I couldn't afford not to work was my baseline reality.
The hard bit is sticking with it and riding the panic, unfortunately there is no way round it over it or under it. You have to be stronger than the physical feelings of panic.
Its largely about a mindset titch that you can and will learn if you want to. I have had some fantastic success's recently really pushing my boundaries.
Are you ready to push yours?

Take care let me know how it goes

Pooh xx

titchjd
05-08-08, 17:59
Thanx alot Pooh ..I agree with you that its def my mind set and I really do want 2 get through this just feel scared in a way .scared o the feelings I have all the time ...I know they are just feelings but they are so intense and I suffer with dizzenes the worse so its hard goin out and going dizzy and tryin 2 stay calm x

I work at a large supermarket and its like WAHHHHH people rushing around haha get me out of here ha
Thanx 4 yr message and I will def let u know how i get on
Titch xxxx

marie1974
05-08-08, 18:31
im ok thanks titch i feel abit lonely even though i not i have hubby and kids, i feel like i am not good enough and keep thinking that i have been bad or not nice for this to happen. i guess i just got to stay strong and get on with it. hugs titch and thanku xx ps u will get there i promise hun

Yvonne
05-08-08, 19:34
Titch

Accepting the symptoms as Claire Weekes advises is just impossible I think. It depends of course to what degree your symptoms are. I mean do we really know how severe another person's symptoms are? For example when I used to read posts with people talking about jelly legs I just thought oh I'm sure it's not that bad.... until I got jelly legs and felt like I was going to collapse!

I really do think that the intensity of some people's anxiety symptoms are not as severe as other people's. I myself, (mentioned this loads of times in the past) - get a INTENSE feeling of the need to cry and it is completely awful - I don't give in to it - I still push forward but I think people notice my eyes looking like someone who is about to cry.

I really wish I knew how to accept all these nasty symptoms or "sensations" - it's difficult to accept the huge lump in the throat or the knotted feeling in the gut or the trembles as I am getting now. It all feels so horrible how the hell do you accept it. If anyone does know then do let me know cos I can't.

You do have to push yourself tho - grit your teeth as someone else said if you have to - just get to where you need to go and keep reassuring yourself that you can do it. You may feel like you are going to drop dead on the spot once in the shop but just stick it out. If you can't do it the first time and have to hurry back home then make yourself try again half hour later - but really try to get to that shop. Even if you get into the shop and feel you cannot bear how you feel just pick up one item and get it. You really do have to push yourself to an unbearable limit and it is not easy.

Wish you luck xxxx

Yvonne

titchjd
05-08-08, 20:22
Thanx Yvonne .....I do think im wanting 2 much 2 soon ...I have suffered with anxiety for years but still managed 2 go 2 work and round moms etc ..but 3 weeks ago I had a bit of a breakdown totally thought i was cracking up and had 2 call emergency doc ......My main symptom is jelly legs and faintness and panic ......and its so hard 2 go anywhere when u feel like u are going 2 pass out its not just a mild faintness its such an intense feeling and i cant focus my eyes go funny and i feel like falling 2 the floor cus my legs cant hold me (that i think is due 2 muscle fatigue) aswell as panic x I also have mild depression which doesnt help ...my councellor says its been building up over the years with all the stress I have had but have carried on until my body simply couldnt take anymore and its all come out in 1 big anxiety panic x
Soz 2 babble on hun gud 2 write it down sumtyms xxx
thanx again 4 reply x
How are things with u anyway xxxxxxx
take care
Titch xxxx

mlondon
05-08-08, 20:40
Hey Titch

I can imagine most people on here have felt like you do, I know I have so you are not alone. A year ago I couldn't be alone and couldn't leave the house. Now I have a new job, go to work and have been away this summer. I even flew on my own. I don't feel great all the time and do struggle when faced with stress. The way I began to get better was to go on medication (which i have now just come off), and to have cbt. I am not saying you need to do the same to get better but one thing I learnt much to my frustration was not to push myself too much but not to avoid situations either. So if you can't make it to the shop nevermind, but stand outside your door, or walk half way down the street or to the end of the street? Can you go to the shop if someone can go with you? Take it in stages and remember your body and mind is under a lot of stress so don't be hard on yourself. It will get better.x

Pansy
07-08-08, 07:33
Titch.........many,many years ago when my anxiety started, Agrophobia kicked in big-style. Back then it was help yourself because no-one else will. So I read Claire Weekes over and over again and it was really helpful.

Babysteps are the way to go. A little at a time!

For instance if I wanted to go to the shop, not too far away, I would stand at my front door and imagine my journey i.e walk accross the road to the lampost, then along the pavement, past the church, open the shop door and so on. I would imagine this journey loads of times until I actually did it. After a couple of times it became familiar and nothing happened to me and I got used to it. I can't say it wasn't hard, because it was..........but I had to do it.

Different things work for different folk, I hope you find something that works for you. We'll all be be here to offer support.

Hope you feel a bit better.
Pansy

titchjd
07-08-08, 07:55
Thanx every1 4 replies
I think I expect 2 much sometimes so like you all say small steps .
Thanx
Titch xxx

Hope u are all well x

smile
07-08-08, 19:09
soz shud say not getting anywhere not amywhere haha
I totally understand how you feel ,pity we didn't live closer and could go to the shops together,if only life was so simple.I'm new to all this,but always here if you need a friend,take care xx