PDA

View Full Version : And the cycle continues...

ams
05-08-08, 18:20
Boy, I've never had a period like this. Been up and down with cycles of health anxiety since March, have moved through all sorts of things (heart problems, neuromuscular, foot issues, headaches, dizziness) and felt great all weekend.

Now, the shoulder/neck pain I've had and some tingling/blotchiness in my palms has me worried all over again. I don't doubt I have some minor RSI stuff going on, but the blotchy palms seem odd, and I worry that there might be some nerve/blood vessel impingement (thoracic outlet syndrome), and it sometimes pains/tires my arms and shoulders to do things with them over my head.

I just want this all to be done!!!!!!!!!

precious78
06-08-08, 15:41
The fact that you're ok at the weekend surely speaks volumes? SOmething bad wouldn't come and go like that.

The muscles in my arms also hurt when I do things over my head, but I don't do a lot of exercise so it's probably my own fault. Tense shoulders will give you tingling arms.

milly jones
06-08-08, 16:58
hunny u use lots of muscles and energy when u are anx

what was different about the weekend? is this linked to work fears?

try not to worry hun

milly xxx

ams
06-08-08, 17:47
It's not that I've felt ok every weekend, just that after my last Dr. visit, I was feeling pretty good this weekend. I don't doubt that work has something to do with my problems...but it's more that I tend to spend all day at the computer, which surely doesn't help things. I may see the Dr. again soon for reassurance, though that feels like surrender to this anxiety... But the painful hands, tingling, coldness, etc is probably sign of some sort of carpal/cubital tunnel, if nothing else, so perhaps it wouldn't hurt, even if I was just there on Friday to talk about my headaches...

milly jones
06-08-08, 18:57
have u tried a wrist ledge to support ur wrists when typing?

also is ur chair, desk at right height?

have ur head aches anything to do with vision on comp? u had eyes tested?

just thoughts

mill xx