PDA

View Full Version : inner ear /vertigo

kahi35
05-08-08, 18:39
Hi there anyone has inner ear problems or was daignosed with vertigo. I'm waiting for more test but was told by my neurologist tat i had inner ear problems. My dizziness also caused these anxiety problems I have. feeling really dizzy now and seems like my meclizine is not working. Just wondering if anyone is feeling like me . I've taken time off of work till I can find out where this dizziness is coming from. hate the feeling been to the ER more than I would like to. Thanks for any feed back.

diane07
05-08-08, 18:45
I had inner ear infection back in feb which caused so much dizziness i kept falling over, it lasted about 8/9 weeks, i couldn't cross a road on my own for weeks, i didn't have any tests done the doc just told me what it was, amazes me how they have this superb crystal ball, anyhow it seems i've been left with all sorts of throat and ear probs now, so i would say keep pushing for an answer.

best wishes

di xx

milly jones
05-08-08, 20:55
hi

i have vertigo

my gp agve me betahistine hydrochloride and its just starting to clear, 2 months later.

i think it just takes time to clear

take care

milly xx

gtrgrl3369
06-08-08, 14:15
Wow where to start with this one. I have had this dizziness for about 4 months now. I was told it was inner ear and given mezcaline which did not work at all. Then I was told it was anxiety, because the mezcaline didnt work. My doctor told me to take an antihistime and it would help. I did and it worked I still have days when I am really off balance but for the most part it is getting better. I an actually go to work now and drive. Keep a journal of your dizziness nd when it happens and goes away. It is easier to tell if it is a ear problem or an anxiety problem. When my doctor tod me to do this, I found out mine was due to going to a job I hate. I still go but I deal with it different now. Take care

nickieb
08-08-08, 15:11
Hello

I too suffer with inner ear problems. I was very poorly back in feb, dizziness, headache, vomiting it turns out after 3 weeks of feeling so desperatly ill a dr at work diagnosed me with labrynthits and was prescribed stemetil.
Its what aug and i still have days of dizziness, feeling out of balance and lots or random ear probs and have just had my first ENT appointment. After tests they have decided that the labrynthitis has nowleft me with Eustacian Tube Dysfunction so its pretty guranteed i will always have these symptoms...
I have learnt to cope with these now & they are a lot better however i have found that now i get alot of ?tmj? inus related problems, but i guess we cant all be super healthy.

Nicola x

decca
09-08-08, 17:02
Hi all,
I've had Labrynthitis since last September, woke up one night, the world was going around and my heart was racing like crazy,the acute stage lasted a few weeks since then I've always felt wobbly,some days are worse than others,I've accepted it now and I'm learning to live with it.
This website might help sufferers -
http://www.labyrinthitis.org.uk/index.htm

Decca.

gtrgrl3369
09-08-08, 18:19
That web site you suggested is amazing. I knew I wasnt crazy with this balance and dizziness problem. Thank you so much, it described exactly how I feel everyday. Thanks again.

decca
09-08-08, 20:49
No problem, Glad it's helped.

Decca.