PDA

View Full Version : Tension Headaces

cheesewire
05-08-08, 23:07
Hey,I get REALLY bad tension hedaches quite often(and for about 2 years) and it hurts if i aply pressure to the top of my head.
I am pretty worried and could it be anything bad/fatal(Cancer,tumor,haemmorahge etc)

plz help me

Im VERY scared.

Worried worrier!
05-08-08, 23:11
Hi there, i get these headaches too....for about as long as you.
Ibroprofen can help, as can a good massage.
I have the same worries as you and have asked the doctor about it and he's explained to me why i get these headaches.
Go to your gp if possible to see if they can prescribe any good pain killers....i once had a cream for my neck that contained ibroprofen and helped ease the tension. Also you can ask him/her to check you over while you're there.

kahi35
05-08-08, 23:13
hey I have got them too the dr said its from tense muscle in the neck shoulders. I went to the ER twice already month 1/2 ago and just last week. the first time i went they did a CT scan then I had an MRI later that month. I still have them it moves I try to sit up straigt and some times it feels better. I also have conctant dizziness so i don;t know if that causes some pressure in my head. most times its not sore just pressure. do you get dizziness too?

cheesewire
05-08-08, 23:24
I CAN put up with the pain,just I worry SO MUCH if its cancer/tumor or w.e

jewels26
06-08-08, 01:50
hi

one of the exercises for tension headache is to stand straight against the wall. put your 2 fingers on your chin, and press your fingers on your chin so the back of your head slides up the wall, hold it for 10 and realease. reapeat this 10 times

you can do it as needed

it works for me. stretches rhe muscles

Julie :)

Trixie
06-08-08, 06:03
I CAN put up with the pain,just I worry SO MUCH if its cancer/tumor or w.e

There are a 100 different types of brain tumours not all are fatal.

gtrgrl3369
06-08-08, 14:33
I am sure your headaches are due to anxiety. I had the worst headaches 2 months ago along with dizziness and a bad sense of being off balance. I went to the hospital and had every test done. I had lumbar punctures and scans of all shapes and sizes. There was nothing. I was worried about everything you are, but was told that anxiety can cause a headache like nothing else. When we are anxious our shoulders are bunched up around our ears. Worrying makes this worse. I was told to try and relax and this would go. I learned how to do relaxation techniques and relax my shoulders and it works along with breathing of course. Ice bags helped alot too. My headache is now down to a mild pressure but is getting better everyday. I hope your will too.:yesyes:

cheesewire
09-08-08, 20:07
cool also when I press the top of my head where my roots are it has pretty bad pain.would this be it too?