PDA

View Full Version : Re-assurance / Advice

tonkaboy
06-08-08, 12:55
Hi everyone,

Not been on for a bit as I was feeling much better - until about 3 weeks ago. I was feeling on top of everything and after discussion with my GP, finally stopped the Prozac completely. Coincident with that, I had to make several trips away from home with work, something I've not done for a while.

Result - I feel bewildered and confused. The bad thoughts are running riot again, making me question who I really am and am I going round the twist. I find myself daring myself to act on the thoughts but I never do. I've even started to doubt that this is anxiety as all of the defenses against the bad thoughts are built on the premis that it's only anxiety playing it's trick, so don't worry. What if it's not?

There are moments each day when I can see clearly that I'm doing this to myself and that I'm creating the thoughts that terrify me.

I saw my GP last night and he said there was no problem going back on Prozac if I want to. However, I'd like to live my life medication free, like I used to.

I don't let the thoughts stop me from living and working but they really upset me and take away enjoyment of things.

I wonder if some of what I'm feeling is a reaction to coming off the Prozac.

To other people, I seem my normal self but inside, I'm a cringing scaredy cat who just wants all to stop. I seem to find new things to worry about all the time.

I'm just looking for a few words from you guys to rebuild my confidence really.

Cheers

A

milly jones
06-08-08, 14:02
im a meds believer

have u had any therapy alongside ur meds to help u change ur unwanted behaviours whilst being supported by the meds?

perhaps u werent quite ready.

i was told that u need to feel normal for some considerable time before withdrawal.

perhaps u need posts from non meds nmpers to allow a balanced view

take care

milly xxx