PDA

View Full Version : New here. Fatigue + Anxiety

Albert Couture
07-08-08, 10:16
Hi guys. I'm Albert, and here's a short intro of what I'm dealing with: I mostly suffer from unexplained fatigue, but anxiety symptoms have crept in over the last couple of years making my problems more complex.

For years, over 10 now, I've suffered from chronic tiredness and spacey feelings that has resulted in a lot of napping, resting and longer sleep periods. Vigorous exercise has been the only remedy for this problem, but it is only a temporary fix. Lately, the fatigue has gotten worse and exercising has had diminishing results. Also, the amount of sleep that I get doesn't seem to change my condition.

A few years ago I started getting heart palpitations and severe spacey/unreality type stuff happening in situations where I really didn't want them to happen, like in those dead silent, crowded lecture halls at school! Then, two years ago, I had a few panic attacks that really freaked me out and I realized that I had a problem with anxiety. After a lot of medical exams, my GP tells me there is nothing physically wrong with me.

As it stands, I have this long running battle with fatigue that often responds favorably to exercise (if only for the moment), and a hair-trigger nervous system that rarely produces full blown panic attacks, but seems to worsen my fatigue and spacey feelings and adds in other classic anxiety symptoms especially when a stressor is present.

I wonder: is the fatigue a separate problem from the anxiety? Like, could the fear of falling asleep in class produce an anxiety problem that has spread to other areas of my life? Or has the chronic tiredness always been the result of an overstrained nervous system and my symptoms have simply gotten worse over time? Also, why does exercise often improve my condition when my body is yelling at me to take yet another nap? I know these questions can't easily be answered, but I'd like to know your thoughts and if anyone has experienced similar problems.

Anyway, I feel a bit selfish for spewing all my issues without first getting to know some of you. I am 28, male, Canadian and trying to get this situation under control! Chat me up anytime.

Lindalou64
07-08-08, 12:04
Hello Albert And Welcome To The Site ,you Will Find Lots Of Info And Support Here,wish Ya Well, Linda

kellie
07-08-08, 12:07
Hiya :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here, you will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.

take care :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxx

milly jones
07-08-08, 18:53
hi albert

i think that anx makes ur body so tired emotionally and physically too

welcome to nmp, and wed all love to chat to u

milly xx

nomorepanic
07-08-08, 22:14
Hi Albert

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

eternally optimistic
07-08-08, 22:33
hi Albert

i had been like you described for a very long time. Just though it was wear and tear of a normal working day..

Wasnt until I sort of got my worst and broke down that I was put on a low dose of citalopram.

This seems to have rested my body and I can now look back and realise that the flu like symptoms I had all the time were just exhausting me.

Its like Milly says, the whole thing exhausts you.

Good luck for future.

C ya

J

I suppose you check out with

Southern_Belle
09-08-08, 00:12
Hi Albert,

Welcome to NMP. Many here understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura