PDA

View Full Version : cant sleep

ray1973
07-08-08, 11:15
been taking meds for over 3 weeks now and the last few nights i have not been able to sleep.

has anyone else experinced this? should i stop taking them for a few days or does it get better.

any advice would be helpful .

milly jones
07-08-08, 20:01
hi hun

it takes some time for ur body to adjust to the meds.

sometimes anx is raised before it gets better

i would chat to ur gp about the side effects. they may want to change the dose?

milly xxx

bubblerawk
08-08-08, 02:51
hey,
i'd go and see your GP, this also happened to me infact its happening to me now.[my tablets have changed]
they maybe able to give you something so u can sleep, they did that with me and it helped alot.
x

valley
08-08-08, 04:43
hi there,
when i was put on citalopram i noticed i began to not be able to stay asleep at night. I was generally fall asleep ok but wake several times at night restless and not be able to fall asleep again. My doc gave me a prescription for non habit forming sleeping pills, i take a half pill each night and it does the trick. Usually the side effect and sleeping probs wear off after your body gets used to them. Stick it out, stopping the meds without talking to your doc isn't going to help anything.
It DOES get better.
Valley

dlou84
10-08-08, 15:18
Valley what are the name of the sleeping pills you've been given?

I need something!

decca
10-08-08, 16:29
Yea, I'd like to know what they are called to.

Decca.

Allye
11-08-08, 11:18
I had problems with Citalopram so I started taking it in the morning rather than the evening. Combined with the Deep Sleep Every Night by Glen Horold I then seemed to be OK

wombat
07-09-08, 22:00
Hi Ray,
I see a really good psych at the Priory hospital and he's an expert on medication.Every SSRI that i've taken has stopped me from sleeping when normally i can sleep fine.Its a common problem with this sort of anti depressant.
He's now switched me over to a Tricylic called Lofepramine and it's sorted the problem out for me.
Hope this helps,
Wombat.