PDA

View Full Version : An Idea!

pooh
07-08-08, 15:01
Hello

Was sitting thinking about chat. How feasible would it be to change the name from chatroom to help and support live or something similar so that this is the main focus kinda swap the help and chat as it is about. Is this making sense lol? so that help would be the main room and chat would be the secondary room.

What do you think?

Pooh xxxx

nickieb
07-08-08, 15:21
Hey NMP

I personally along with many others i have spoken to recently believe that the success of the chat rm is what it is because it's an area where the users go in and just off load their problems. Whether this be talking about their health issues, or their days problems or simply 'whatever'.

I am aware that some users do use chat specifically for help whilst others just to catch up and have a laugh. Maybe an alternative way around the recent problems in their would be to have 2 main rooms. One being help & support & the other general chit chat, and make it clearer than what it is already at present, as at the moment nobody i can see uses the other room. Therefore both rooms being made MORE SPECIFIC on their aims.

I don't think it should be expected that somebody needing help should made to feel an outcast just because others are catching up or having a laugh. However at the same time i don't think that the 'day to day' users should made to feel as though they are only there to give help and advice, as they have enough of their own problems. I personally want to forget about my problems whilst on chat and just have a social few hours chatting without the pressure of being made to feel as though you have talk about worries and concerns of other users.

milly jones
07-08-08, 18:43
i wondered concerning the recent problems whether there could be a teenagers room, with mods in to let them blow their steam off in a supervised way. praps fro a couple hours at night.

i dont mean to discriminate but i do know there has been concerns regarding adult convo and younger nmpers being on at night

just a thought

milly xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
07-08-08, 21:02
Pooh - I have never thought of it that way! It does look like that you have to change rooms to get "help" which was never the intention so thanks for pointing that out to me.

I don't think we need to swap the rooms as such but maybe we lose the 2nd room altogether or rename it to something like "dedicated help" where people can maybe go and get just one or two others in there with them.

I prefer people to stay in one room and have general chat and help each other as necessary - which is the intention of the chat room anyway.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this room being deleted or renamed?

Nickie - we could end up having an empty room when you first enter chat if everyone is in the "other" room and again we have the issue of mods supervising 2 rooms at once. The other thing is that most people didn't even know you could change rooms lol.

Milly - part of the problem there is that we tie up a mod supervising one room and then the other room is left unsupervised. I think most of the mods would not want a separate youngsters room that they had to supervise. Thanks for the suggestion though.

milly jones
07-08-08, 21:06
ok nic just a thought sorry

nomorepanic
07-08-08, 21:24
Don't be sorry Milly - all thoughts are welcomed

bottleblond
07-08-08, 21:33
They sure are Milly!! Your suggestion was fab hun and maybe in the future we can do something about it but at the moment we don't have the man power to cater for it and the under 18's are few.

Huggies hun
xxxxxxxx

jodie
07-08-08, 21:42
hiya

i dont think there is a probs with the way things are really ppl come into the main room and then can go into help if they need it ,the main prob is when new users ect come in the room and there is talk that they dont exspect to see or ppl just fooling about that is the problem,i mean we all like a laugh and the most of the time chat is a nice place to be ,but in the last few days all i have seen is when a mod comes in it seems to be time to try get to them and make probs that dont need to be at the end of the day all users know what they can talk about and what they can not ,yes we are all adult but they are some young ones that go in and some older ppl who mabe dont like the talk that has gone on in there this week

jodie x

bottleblond
07-08-08, 21:44
OMG Jen....well said lass!! agreed! xxx

milly jones
07-08-08, 21:54
i didnt mean to cause hassel

ive not been i n chat for a while

just read posts recently

i do appreciate all the mods and admin and all that they do for us, and would not want them to have any additional strain.

i was not thinking widely enough

pooh
07-08-08, 22:25
Hiya

Just wanted to say I proposed this idea not because of what has or has not gone on before or to even open a debate about it, but rather thinking from the point of view ( and remembering what it was like) of a new user. There is a social element to chat ( there is a social element to NMP) that can be fast flowing, people catching up and having a laugh, and that can be very very difficult to jump in to if you are nervous and anxious. Changing rooms to "Help" does have a flavour of having to wade through first. I just thought that those wishing a social chit chat should do the wading lol and those coming into chat needing support will always hit that support first. I don't think one room would be empty ( main chat can and often is empty during the day)
At the end of the day though it is only an idea and brainstorming and everyone having a good old conversation about the pros and cons to keeping it as it is or changing it I believe is always healthy and likely to result vin positives. For example the new lay out of the forum works in my opion much better than the last and yet on the surface the changes are really subtle.

Cheers for reading and contributing all

Pooh xxxxxxxx

diane07
08-08-08, 00:26
Theres that great saying "you can't please all of the people all of the time"

I think it would be a good idea that when we register, our date of birth becomes part of the sign up and along side your username is your age, i forget who is what age, and like tonight there was a youngster in chat and its so difficult to remember, if people wish to lie about their age then more fool them.

Pooh i think its a good idea, what you said, it can just be difficult pleasing everybody, but helping somebody should be more paramount after all isn't this site is what its all about, if we want to chat which is great, thats okay but we do have msn to do that on.

Good on you pooh for the caring thought.

If i could see an age next to a name i would be very careful on what was being said and i understand this would be a pain in the ass to get together, but in the long run i think it would pay off, just my thoughts.

di xx

purplehaze
08-08-08, 00:55
Hi

Think there may be an advantage in having a choice of two rooms before you log into chat thus taking you into help or general chat......I would also suggest that a mod pms anyone who may be causing offence before they warn them openly in chat, thus allowing them that chance to conduct themselves in a proper manner.
As for lack of mods, I am sure there are many people on here as members that would be willing to help in that role because its supporting the site they use.

So I am in favour of having a choice of two rooms before one enters chat

pooh
08-08-08, 02:04
Oh I like the idea of having the option at the main sign in page of which room to enter. good idea purple.

Di... its true we do have msn to chat but i really do believe there is a real social chit chatty elemnet to membership of nmp for some people. They like to meet up in chat on their fave site and have a wee chat and laugh lol

the age thing is a good idea too not sure if its achievable but its a good idea

Thanks for your input di and purple

Pooh xx

Granny Primark
08-08-08, 10:25
With a name like mine I dont think theres any need to display my age!:)
Everyone knows I constantly lie about me being 83 when actually Im 23!:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

pooh
08-08-08, 11:17
Aw GP

Ill make sure and respect my elders the next time I see you in chat. Should we have an old folks chat? lol

Granny Primark
08-08-08, 11:47
Course we should else where would miseire go for advice on keeping his dentures clean!:D :D :D :D :D

pooh
08-08-08, 11:56
we could call it the coffin dodgers room GP

RFLMAO

Pooh xx

The Fool
08-08-08, 12:41
i think that the help room doesnt allways work as sometimes people need help at night time and people dont see they have switched rooms so no one goes to help.maybe we could have a room made at night time by a mod for people who want to just chill out and the other rooms to be for help or people who are new and dont want to be in a room with so many people.

Granny Primark
08-08-08, 12:56
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :sign20: :sign20: :sign20: :lisa: :lisa: :lisa:

Good one pooh!:yesyes:
More than nits and lice in your head:shades: :winks:

jodie
08-08-08, 13:23
hiya

i guess it could be tried out to see if it works wont know till you try i guess.

jodie xx

nomorepanic
08-08-08, 22:02
I am not sure whether Alex can front-end the chat room so you choose which room to go into. I will have to ask him.

At the moment he is concentrating on upgrading this forum so it won't be done in the next few weeks if he can even do anything - I am not sure!

nomorepanic
08-08-08, 22:18
Ok Alex said he can probably front-end this but he will do it in the next version of the forum that we are currently working on.

pooh
09-08-08, 22:44
Thanks NIc

I reckon it might just make a difference. And maybe somewhere down the line you could get that coffin dodgers room up and running for Granny Primark LMAO

Cheers

Pooh xxxx

Granny Primark
10-08-08, 10:33
So kind of you think of me pooh:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Its brought a tear to me glass eye:D

bottleblond
10-08-08, 11:28
Lmfao @ Lynn and Pooh. I'm not long out of bed and i'm sat here with my coffee, which i nearly dribbled down my chin laughing. :roflmao:

Love Lisa
xxxxx

Granny Primark
10-08-08, 17:11
Lisa are you sure your not older than you say you are?:winks: :D
Ive wiped loads of dribble from old womens chins:D :D :D :D
Why not come and join us in the coffin dodgers room? :yesyes:
Im sure us coffin dodgers have loads more fun than these nmp whipper snappers.:yesyes:

bottleblond
10-08-08, 18:07
Thanks for the invite, but i will only attend if i don't have to wear my false teeth, support stockings and liberty bodice. I like to be comfortable at social functions :winks:. Ahhhhh count me in mate! why not indeed. lol

xxxx

Granny Primark
10-08-08, 19:28
Il polish yer zimmer frame any time lisa!
You come gummy smiling lisa its far cuter.

bottleblond
10-08-08, 21:20
Ok Lynn...on me way! lol xxxxx

purplehaze
11-08-08, 07:21
oh and anyone that goes in to the wrong room will suffer:whiplash:from bottle blond

pooh
11-08-08, 11:25
HI Gp

Youll have to consult nic about availability for parking your motorised scooter...oh I can just imagine the chat......what rinse should i put in my hair gp pink blue or purple....lol lol

bottleblond
11-08-08, 14:53
Hahahahah Purple

surely i couldn't wear and outfit like that at my advanced years :winks: lol

xxx

Granny Primark
11-08-08, 14:58
Hey lisa,
Maybe you couldnt but I could:yesyes: :winks:
Id have to wear granny knickers and support tights tho!:D :D :D

bottleblond
11-08-08, 18:50
hahahaha....oh and what about transport? i don't have a motorised scooter but my commode IS on wheels. Save me a seat as it may take me a tad longer to get there.

xxx

pooh
12-08-08, 00:58
I hear superdrug are doing a good deal on plugin airfreshners i'd say a must purchase for the auld codgers room lmao

Granny Primark
12-08-08, 06:51
Pooh you forgot to mention that superdrug have reduced the price of their tena lady!:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:
I just hope we havent got any undertakers that use the site and would go in the coffin dodgers room.
Id like to think that any men that stare at me would be trying to guess the size of my boobs :D not my height!:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

pooh
14-08-08, 13:01
GP you are hilarious!

Granny Primark
14-08-08, 20:59
Ive been told that many times pooh. But looks arent everything I guess.:D

purplehaze
15-08-08, 00:54
Hey lisa

that remains to be seen....Maybe you could do a sponsor wear day :whiplash:and give all the money to the purplehaze charity...lol

kellie
15-08-08, 11:10
Lmao coffin dodgers, tena lady, false teeth, simmer frames
You big bunch of nutters lol
My nan wants to know can she join
She qualifies for all of the above
She'll defo give you a run for your money granny. lmao