PDA

View Full Version : I'm Being Tested Here, I Know It

never2late
08-08-08, 02:02
Well my friends from the UK, I had a few pieces of work scheduled to be shown in England in Sept. (De Montfort University). This was a big project that I worked on here in the States with a team in Florida. The resulting work was being shipped to me from there, and I was to examine it, then ship it off to England.

The carton containing the work was crushed by the shipping company yesterday.

The work is insured -- but it cannot be replaced. It will also not be appearing at De Montfort in September as planned (and, in which they have been promoting).

So, I feel like I am being tested here: is the anxiety and panic going to kick in, or isn't it? I certainly do feel the loss (this effects a LOT of future work for me). But I'm more concerned with putting a plan of action together than getting anxious about it.

I told an associate last night on the phone that things will work out in the end, AND that things may even work out BETTER than we ever expected due to this.

So I have remained positive.

The shipment is being returned to Florida, and will be opened and examined by the shipping company on Monday or Tuesday. So no one at this point even knows how bad things are.

So life really does kick you in the pants every now and then.

I'm going to have a lovely picnic in the park tomorrow afternoon -- and enjoy the beautiful sky, trees, grass and fresh air.

pooh
08-08-08, 02:10
Hi Never!

what an upbeat approach to something that could potentially generate so much anxiety. Was it pieces of artwork? It shouldnt affect your reputation or further work because fault lies with the shipping company. So well done for adopting the attitude of going to have a picnic and enjoying the outdoors
HAve a great day

Pooh x

marie1974
08-08-08, 11:11
hiya hun, im sorry but im glad u are not letting life get u down, enjoy your lovely picnic and and the sunshine and mayb send some this way lol
hugs xxxx

milly jones
08-08-08, 11:23
well im feeling low and ur wonderful attitude to ur difficulties makes me feel really stupid and humble.

please keep posting xxx

Zingara
08-08-08, 11:48
How awful... I remember once my computer 'died' when I was halfway through my Masters dissertation... everything was lost. It's a truly horrible feeling. What sort of work is it? xx