PDA

View Full Version : Stomach Problems!

mothermac
08-08-08, 04:06
Always have had a bit of a nervous tummy related to my anxiety and never really got that anxious over it but for the past few days it has been quite bad.I have had terrible nausea,wind and a feeling that I want to burp all the time.My bowel region is making awful gurgling noises and I feel like I have pressure in my throat,what is going on in there?
I bought some Zantac the other day and they helped but I am up at 4am typing this and I feel empty inside like I would expect to feel if I hadn't eaten in days but I have.
I am quite frightened of mentioning to the doc cos he will send me for the camera down and I don't want it.I am just worried it's the start of something hideous.There is a strong connection I know between the gut and anxiety but once something like this kicks off it just gets worse.

xBettyBoopx
08-08-08, 04:31
Hi Mothermac

You won't believe me, but I just read your post & I am sitting here with a rotten pressure in my throat like I feel I can't swallow and my bowel is gurgling & making funny noises & I have the farts!!!:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: And they smell:winks: :winks: :winks:

Think it very much is anxiety, I have been getting anxious the last 5 hours about my f****** neighbours & their music & stuff, so I bet yours is anxiety too. If you don't want the endoscopy then I would wait a few days to see if it clears up.

Make a diary of when you feel most anxious & see if you have stomach problems then, the two go hand in hand with a lot of people.

I hope you feel better soon.

http://www.casarosaflorists.co.uk/flowers/feelbetter_l.jpg

Love

Els
xxx

Nechtan
08-08-08, 13:46
It could also be a bug doing the rounds. My tummy has been a bit dodgy over the last 2 weeks, I have the throat thing and the occassional burps- not to forget a touch of the runs too. Happy days! :D

All the best

Nechtan

ronski
11-08-08, 16:11
Hi mothermac

Stomach problems as you describe are very much associated with anxiety. Due mostly to the vagus nerve which is controlled by the autonomic nervous system. Your nervous system is overactive so your intestines are probably working overtime especially regarding peristalsis so food is not sticking around for long. As your anxiety settles so will your stomach. If at any point in the future you have to have the camera, dont worry have it under sedation. I have had 3 in the last year no probs.

I wish you well
Ron

Amie80
13-08-08, 22:40
Sounds like maybe an ulcer?? Get it checked out! I know what the dictirs have to do isnt fun sometimes but its waqy better to be safe right?? I hope you feel better soon!

june
04-09-08, 12:52
Oh Elspeth,
I have been sitting crying and reading lots of posts trying t find an answer to my 'latest' problem and I came accross your post:ohmy: :ohmy: :yesyes: :yesyes: what a shock - really made me giggle - thank you for that:hugs: :hugs:I hope you are OK.
:blush:
Now can anyone relate to my 'latest' problem ??
Just walking along the road and i had this "sensation"?????
It felt as if i had been punched or something had burst or a balloon had gone pop - just under my ribcage. The soft part above the tummy button but below the ribs.
The feeling now is that my insides are bruised!!!
I have read many posts but have not recognised this symtom yet.
Hope you can help me
best wishes
june

reddevil
04-09-08, 13:23
Hi,

I have same problem, feeling sick all day and feel the need to burp from time to time. I went to the doctor yesterday, who felt around my stomach and after said it is most properly anxiety, which is causing it.

It is very worring.