PDA

View Full Version : for all us palpatation peeps......help is here

Rachey poos
08-08-08, 09:27
i have been on a fab site.... go on register and a doctor actually answers you free..... read other stories and answers....we are so not alone xxxxx
link is.... http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl

let me know what yu think xxxxx:yesyes:

Rachey poos
08-08-08, 22:07
anyone who has these must check out this site...fab for reasuurance...even just reading other posts x

nomorepanic
08-08-08, 22:13
Are you talking about the member RLR?

Cathy V
08-08-08, 22:50
Well yes thats very interesting Rach, but my doctor also answers my questions for free and i get all the reassurence i need from nmp...:D

nomorepanic
08-08-08, 22:58
The reason I ask is that RLR ran the help forum on here as well

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=41

He gave it up as he felt members were replying and not helping and he needed to do the replies and got annoyed when they did reply to members.

We really appreciated his help bit could not convince him to stay here. I know he posts on loads of other forums.

Cathy - that site is free.

Cathy V
08-08-08, 23:23
Yep i know it is, and so is my doc, and it was said tongue in cheek is all.

Nic i can think of alot of people on nmp who are pretty straight talking, both men and women, and thats besides what i hear happens in chat sometimes. I really dont think my posts are that bad. If i upset anyone im sure they will let me know, you dont have to monitor everything i write surely. Most people know me and dont take offence....:)

nomorepanic
08-08-08, 23:28
I am not monitoring you Cathy - I am replying to a thread and explaining things.

This RLR guy knows his stuff so I was supporting Rach in finding him

bottleblond
08-08-08, 23:38
Hi Cathy

I fail to understand why "our" chat room has been brought into this post, or the people who use it.

But if you have any issues regarding the above then please feel free to pm me at any time and i will be more than willing to answer your queries.

Regards

Lisa

Cathy V
09-08-08, 00:04
Excuse me? 'our' chat room? who does 'our' include? and i dont have any 'issues' i was simply referring to the trouble in chat that everyone knows about...its not a secret lisa, and if you read my post again, the 'issue' wasnt about chat in particular, that remark was used as part of my reply in general to nicola.

Rachey poos
09-08-08, 01:15
oh dear...sorry... i was unaware of the probs.... sorry i was just so pleased at the advice i got.... im glad you can visit the docs.. i cant so it has been fab for me ,,, please dont fall out ... i was oblivious xxxx please dont think i dont appreciate nmp cos i couldnt cope wiv out the support from here! its fab!!!!! but as for chat..i went in a few times and got stressed out wiv all the arguments so i dont go there no more xxxxx yes it rlr ..whateva that stands for... ? he seems to know his stuff.. xx

nomorepanic
09-08-08, 13:42
Rach

Don't worry about like I said in my PM to you.

RLR is a very knowledgable guy - retired doctor I think - so you get as much advice as you can from him.

Take care and sorry this thread got hijacked.

Jay1979
09-08-08, 14:08
thanks for posting that site, it has explained more2 me than any of the doctors i've seen in the past 18 months :yesyes:

Rachey poos
09-08-08, 14:13
Jay, I m glad hun...he is very good...bit hard to understand at times ... i have to read it slow LOL.... helped me tons ..i think because he is a proffesional medical guy xxx ive had 2 good days..just dismissed them, the flutters that it xxx

Jay1979
09-08-08, 15:12
Yes I had to read it slow too lol :D but he really explains things in deatils which helps, so what I need right now !! xx

Cathy V
09-08-08, 18:17
For goodness sake guys, in case you didnt notice my comments were followed by a smiley face, it wasnt meant to cause trouble. People have different sense of humour i guess. I thought nicola was reacting to it negatively as she can sometimes to my posts.

Sometimes there are things you can say that are acceptable when you are having an instant conversation such as on msn, but unfortunately they just dont translate in the same way on the forum, but hey sorry rachel, and yes its a very good site, so thanks for the link.

Sigh....:huh: xxxx

Rachey poos
09-08-08, 19:14
LOL.... im fine babes just didn't want to offend..... but I know what ou mean.... txts and emails lack emotion and its hard to express what you mean when you have no body language etc... anyway glad the thread is still here..glad its helped you Jay xxxx hold onto the words of the guy...have you left a post about your self cos he will answer you personally....try it xx

nomorepanic
09-08-08, 19:16
Now what have I done! :doh:

tracy1972
09-08-08, 21:29
thank you rachey poos u can never get enough help and to be honest with all the arguments thats going on here lately i dont think that i am the only one that doesnt need it and wont come in here if its going to get bad as its help and support we are here for not arguments.

nomorepanic
09-08-08, 21:43
Tracy - I would like to reply to that and say there are hardly any arguements on here at all.

I can't remember a single one in the last few weeks to be honest.

tracy1972
09-08-08, 21:51
there has been arguments on here in the last few weeks and there was on elast week in chat ad to be honest i thought that we were all adults and i for one have enoug going on at home without witnessing arument s on here i joined this group to get help and hopefully help and to make friends

bottleblond
09-08-08, 21:54
I have no idea where people get this idea where the "chat room" is full of arguments and disruption, infact it's far from it. Yeah every now and again things may get a little heated like ANY chat room but it's usualy resolved rather quickly.

On a whole, the NMP chat room is very friendly with current members and exremely beneficial to new members who look for help and advice or just a chat with fellow sufferers.

I hope this settles this matter regarding the chat room as it is a very welcoming friendly place to be and i hope members continue to enjoy their time there.

regards

Lisa

nomorepanic
09-08-08, 21:59
There will always be minor disagreements Tracy but look at the bigger picture.

There are roughly 125 new posts per day so that is 875 a week and we had one bad post about chat - I think those stats speak for themselves.

I could remove every single post that is seen as to be argumentative and protect everyone but that is NOT real life is it.

Chat has been so much better recently thanks to the mods that look after it and make sure it runs smoothly.

Now this thread has been taken over as well and that is not helping Rach who posted it in the first place.

nomorepanic
10-08-08, 00:54
I have PM'd Tracy to keep the arguement off here.

Rachey poos
10-08-08, 09:41
yes..im very dissapointed about this thread not settlin...please start ur own thread on "chat arguments" ..... this was about extra help as well as nmp......thank u nicola for ur support ...dear me !!!!!!! stressed!!!!!!

nomorepanic
10-08-08, 22:07
Rach

Please don't stress ok. It is sorted now.

Rachey poos
10-08-08, 22:23
thanks hun xxxx

debera
11-08-08, 01:20
thank you for the information rach. yes RLR is really good and explains things well
love debera:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Alisonj
11-08-08, 01:46
Thank you so much for the info Rach!!!

JessicaLynn
29-11-08, 04:53
I found this site last week, and I too get really freaked out with palps and the like so this has been extremley reassuring. It really helped me to understand what is happening and when i get them I no longer panic.