PDA

View Full Version : Getting Frightened Again Today

mabelina
08-08-08, 14:48
Since taking the Aloe Vera and Magnesium im been quite good, only having one palp a day or maybe even none, like yesterday. This morning though i was just sitting down reading a magazine and my heart gave four fast hard thumps and made me jump in fright. Ive now been having a few of these and also the flip flop palps all morning. Its ruined my day now and im so frightened again.

Rachey poos
08-08-08, 15:32
are you having a bit of stress lately hunny...usually these come a couple of days after a little stress...when u r relaxed x x x its nothing babes just frightening xxxx relax and remember these can not kill you or harm you xxxx

mabelina
08-08-08, 16:12
Hi hun, thanks for your reply. Im not stressed over anything, well apart from these palps for the past 12 years. I really wish and pray someone will come up with medication or something to totally get rid of these horrible life debilitating things.

yanksforever
10-08-08, 21:58
hey mabelina-

i was relaxed today and i had 3 flutters, not the thumps, but the flutters..it frightened me as well but it happens to so many people.

novedt
11-08-08, 21:48
hi mabelina hope you are feeling better, my name is tommy im 27 and suffer the same problem, iget them all the time thumps and flutters so frightening , i train at boxing and im always ok work a physical joband still ok i get the problem when im at rest well for the most part. dont worry about it just let it pass and continue what your doing , i got myself into a rightstate about it had panic attacks anxiety everythying i even thought i was going to die i had 1 this morning and i went on this site , glad i did i feel so much better now, doc says im tip top , as much as u may not want to trust them, they seem to know a thing or two so try not to worry, ur not alone x

ronski
12-08-08, 13:58
Hi Mabelina

The palpitations you are feeling are harmless. They are probably premature atrial or ventricular beats, the clue to them being innocent is that they occur at rest when your heartbeat is slower. As your heart rate rises with exercise you will probably find that you are less prone to them. Everybody gets palpitations or ectopics as they are also known, as you are aloud so many an hour before it is classed as abnormal. They are normally caused by excitable cardiac cells misfiring due to the stress response brought on usually by caffeine, alchohol or adrenalin. The best thing that you can do is to ignore them. The powerful thump you feel in your chest is just a more powerfull ventricular contraction which usually follows an early beat, nothing to worry about as it is a normal response.

I hope this puts your mind at rest, if not look up information on the British Heart Foundation Web Site or the equilavent American Site
All the best
Ron