PDA

View Full Version : WILL I EVER FEEL TRULY REASSURED

josiepickle
07-05-05, 13:55
Hi everybody
I would really appreciate some help today as I feel I'm about to have another massive panic attack!!
I'm having to really fight hard not to present at the hospital today.
Yesterday was great and I felt fantastic and positive, I could hardly remember feeling like I do now, but this morning I woke up tight chested and with a fluttery pulse in my left calf. Of course this is indication of a blood clot, heart attack, aneurism or stroke.
Just typing this is difficult as the letters all seem to be merging into one and I keep making mistakes so of course collapse is iminent!!!!!!!!!!!
I desperately want to visit a health web site but have been half frightened to death by those in the past.
What shall I do!!
AGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jo
Sorry I sound so loolah.

LisaS
07-05-05, 14:09
you do not sound loolah!!
you sound like i do i numerous occasions.. why dont you do some vacuuming with a upbeat cd on and dance and vacuum! and sing along.. that way you'll keep your mind off it!
and remember to breath normally and calmly.
nothing bad is happening, just that anxiety thats all it is! I know it feels bad, but its not.
tell yourself its just the anxiety and it WILL pass..
let us know how you get on!!
Lisa
xxx

Piglet
07-05-05, 14:14
H Jo,

It's a bad day that's all - I had one on Thurs and felt really tight in my chest but by tea time it had calmed down and I even went out to vote.

Try not to go on the health sites, they never do anything but make it worse. Wait for Meg, Nicola or one of the others to come on to get your reassurance.

Meantime just slow breathing from your tummy and try and let it pass over and do something gentle but distracting if you can.

Love Piglet

Meg
07-05-05, 14:23
**Of course this is** ..

**of course collapse is iminent**

Firstly: stop talking to yourself in this extreme way.. Each time you tell yourself you're feeling bad , its encouraging the anxiety and therefore by default, more symptoms to appear that add to the cycle of you spiralling downwards.

Nothing you've said worries me at all

Tight chest - move around - do some stretches, swing your arms

Calf twitching - go for a good run up and down the stairs or out for a power walk and get the blood flowing through your vessels .

You are not going to collapse so do not wish it upon yourself..Think about yesterday, what you did and what you can do today - distraction and changing those thought patterns are crucial.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

florence
07-05-05, 16:28
Hi Jo
Sorry to hear you're feeling bad today. Try not to worry ( easier said than done), its probably one "down" in your ups and downs, and it will pass. I had a really bad day last week following a very positive day, I know how frustrating it is...but keep your chin up heh, you'll have some better days soon I am sure.
Meg is right, don't tell yourself that the worse thing is going to happen...I know it feels that way sometimes but it won't happen...Tell yourself that you can cope and that it will pass, even if the belief and conviction aren't there, telling yourself these positive words every day will help you go thru ( and practice makes it perfect! ).
Regards.
Florence

** Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.**

seh1980
07-05-05, 17:05
hi Jo,

As the others have said, try to distract yourself by doing something that will take your mind off it. Positive thoughts will fight the anxiety whilst negative thoughts will just encourage it. Nothing is wrong with you so nothing bad is going to happen to you. Just keep telling yourself that and pretty doon you will start to believe it. Hope you feel better soon!!

Sarah :D

nomorepanic
07-05-05, 17:59
Jo

Hiya - how are you feeling now? I use distraction techniques when I start to feel anxious or panicky. I tidy out drawers and cupboards or sometimes potter around in the garden. I think when we sit and think about things it gets much worse so try to occupy your mind with something and don't go surfing looking for something that it could be.

Hope you feel better this evening.

Nicola

kairen
07-05-05, 18:19
HI josie

I hope as the day has gone on you have calmed down a bit, listen to what has been said you have to remain positive talk yourself out of it kepp telling your self your getting calmer with each breath and believe it dont go looking for other things to worry about it wont help instead think this will pass and try and distract your self i alwyas find my airwalker thingy works wonders with some really upbeat music, have you read all the welcome page hun,

do hope your a bit better now xx

kairen x

Karen
07-05-05, 19:12
Hope you are feeling better this evening Jo.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

josiepickle
08-05-05, 01:32
Thanks for all your support everyone. The thing is I made big mistake and went on NHS direct. Obviously self diagnosed DVT and ended up out of control and begging for help at the hospital. Given clean bill of health and told not to panic and to just try and relax, hence i'm still awake and extremely up the wall. Please let it be a better day tomorrow.
Jo

sal
08-05-05, 01:58
Jo

We have good days and bad days but on those bad days dont forget how we felt on the good days. I know it isnt easy and we strive to overcome them but sometimes they dont let us. You have being given the all clear and we will help you all we can.

You are not alone and dont ever forget that.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Meg
08-05-05, 09:31
Jo,

Can you learn from this that cruising the net with a search engine and vague array of symtoms will never work as you are out to look for extreme illnesses so you will definately find them..
The sensible, logical part of you knows that there is no way you had a DVT- you only had one symptom and illnesses have a whole gamit of clinical symptoms.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

mumof4
08-05-05, 10:57
I hope ur feeling better i used to search the web for my probelms too ended up thinking i had abrain tumour onced untill i went to the doctors and i have areally nice doctor who told never to do that as u will make urself worse and i stopped it.

florence
08-05-05, 11:23
Hi Jo

Hope you're having a better day today, fingers crossed.
Take care.

Florence.

** Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.**

sal
08-05-05, 23:06
Hi Jo

Hope you have had a better day hun.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

tt
11-05-05, 22:34
My last visit from the Hospital made me upset with myself for letting it get that far, but in turn used it to my advantage. I made myself accept that I had a bunch of tests done and now I now that the pains are not a heart attack and blood work was done. So knowing this was a clean bill of health, when the anxiety hits you have a wall to put up and say to yourself I am fine and it will pass.
I have done well, once I accepted I am fine.

tt:)

TT:)

pablo
13-05-05, 14:59
Hi Jo,

Just like many of the others, I can relate completely with how you were feeling. These damn things can ruin your whole day if you let them..and the really annoying thing (at least for me) is I can be fine and then all of a sudden, I'll feel a little pain, or twitch and it starts it all off. Sometimes i manage to control it and other times it does ruin part or all of my day. I find distraction techniques like those suggested (music is really good) or talking to somebody about something completely different helps things along.

I regularly get fluttering in the chest, twinges in my legs and arms, etc. Lately, I have been getting weird pain in my head and feelings of pressure above my nose area and light headedness / spaciness. I almost convinced myslef I had something seriously wrong with me which made me panic and feel really ill while I was walking home from work the other day. Since then, I have still been getting the pains but I have been trying to take extra relaxation time and they seem to go during that. I have also been feeling really tired so that wont help. Anyway, enough about me..Hope you feel better now you've had yourself checked out.

Paul X

serr1340
16-05-05, 22:00
Hello Josie

I can relate to all that you are feeling. When it happens to me, I usually end up crying thinking that I will never get better then I start doing breathing exercises and I calm down. I can guess that you feel that you will never get better but you will. I can feel great one day and awful the next and continue to feel bad the entire day until I can't take it anymore and I go to my room and cry to a point where I feel I am going to flip, then I STOP and breath and lay down or lay in the tub and relax. It tires me out and I feel edgy for the next couple of days but I get over it. I have to constantly remind myself that I have been through this before, it has not killed me, it will not kill me, I have not gone crazy and I will not go crazy. These are just feelings, sensations that our bodies go through. It is our bodies way of telling us, STOP/BREATH/RELAX, you are doing too much, and we may not be doing something physically but it is most definately mentally. Our bodies shut down. Look at it this way, you have a wooden crate and you keep adding thing to it, eventaully that crate will break down and won't be able to hold anymore. Well our bodies are the same, there is just so much it can take before it breaks down. Just know that this is your bodies way of telling you to RELAX.
I hope I helped.

Marilu

sal
16-05-05, 22:25
Jo

How are things going for you?

Let us know how you are.

Love Sal xx

EmmaJane
21-05-05, 22:29
Hi Jo

I appreciate how you have been feeling. Fight the urge to look on the internet. Ive been fighting it for 2 weeks, havent looked yet.

Good luck and keep in touch

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.