PDA

View Full Version : HELP,Breast Cancer and What ELSE warning diagnosed

Jennywren1975
09-08-08, 01:15
Hi everyone.I am in a freak out here.I have always had serious panic disorder, serious, serious. I have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer,the dr says it is small and very treatable.But it has never been my fear.My fear is HIV and that they will find it by accident when treating me and testing for breast cancer....

I have already had one operation, with biopsy and blood from the site taken.My question is..they have to take a lymph node to look for the cancer.I am SO worried they will find HIV in the lymph node, just because it is there.

This has always been my fear, I am convinced I have had symptoms for years and avoided doctors.

I just want to know if they discovered it by accident OR if they would have to actually test for it? They are testing for cancer cells right now.

Alisonj
09-08-08, 01:36
HIV is not something that they would just randomly test for. Normally you sign a consent to have it done. I had to sign one for all three of my pregnancies. I am so sorry about your diagnose. Is there reasons in particular that you are so concerned that you have HIV? I too was really worried about it a few years ago. I had a few nights of unprotected sex and it started to consume me that I had it. I went and got the test done and prepared myself for the worst. I was bound and determined that it was going to be bad. But everything was a-ok. I understand how scary it is but maybe just getting the test done and knowing you are having it done etc and having the results would be good for you. You could put it behind you. I would imagine you would likely know if you had HIV and would have quite a few symptoms etc however I truly dont know exactly how it works.
Lots of hugs and strength.

miss diagnosis
09-08-08, 12:59
im sorry to hear about ur breast cancer but its reassuiring that its treatable.

please stop worrying about HIV.You really need to focus on getting well and worrying about a disease you dont have wont help in the battle against the one you do.

I do remember having to sign a consent form for a HIV test myself.
I know it takes quite a while for the results to come back.
Im sure after all the tests they have done on you if the suspected some problem with your immune system they would have done the tests already:)