PDA

View Full Version : New and overwhelmed

Fuzzyollie
09-08-08, 15:18
Hi everyone - my name is Jo, and I simply can't believe how massive this site is, the front page alone with it's overview of anxiety and simple coping strategies has just given me so much relief that I can't wait to read more. I had no idea that what I am feeling was so common.

Irrational panic and terror is my thing, usually based on something that has got itself into my mind and wormed around in there for a while until I am obsessing, paranoid and then the fully fledged daily debilitating anxiety sets in. By then, the originating factor is no longer at all relevant, the thing has taken on a mind of its own and I have spiralled down so low that the feeling of panic itself is the only thing fuelling the fear, there is no real underlying cause any more. It is rare to find anyone who can understand how this can happen, and also why on earth you would feel such intense fear and it's hard to describe, but I bet many many of you here also feel like this.

Anyone out there finding the responsibility of looking after a small child makes life so much harder when like this? I used to be able to be completely self indulgent and take myself off to bed etc, but now I have to struggle to appear okay and that absolutely wears me out.

Sorry, probably gone on a little too long for an introductory post, but it's good to be here and I'm looking forward to reading posts. Hope this Propranolol stuff starts working for me soon, never been on this before.

Jo
x

Jay1979
09-08-08, 15:22
Hiya welcome , I am new here too.

I find coping with my young daughter difficult too, my mum has her a lot until I can get myself better. I am taking propanolol, what dose are you on? I take 80mg each morning its a slow release one

Jayne xx

Fuzzyollie
09-08-08, 15:27
Been put on just 3 x 10 mg daily so far, but did take an extra today because I really need it and I know that's fine. Have you found it helped you? I think the relief from shaking and heart racing has made a psychological difference, I dont' feel so physically out of control any more at least. The doctor did say that if I still wasn't coping then we should think about Prozac because Propranolol only deals with physical symptoms and not the fear or obsessive thinking that goes along with anxiety often. Got to see how it goes I guess.

Jo

Jay1979
09-08-08, 15:29
They have helped but I do still get palps and racey heart but i guess not quite as bad as I did before I was taking it !
hope they help you xx

lorac
09-08-08, 18:16
Hello Jo

:welcome: to the site glad you found it. I am sure you will get lots of support and good advice on here.

Take care

Carol

bab
09-08-08, 19:02
Hi Jo,

Welcome!! your description of your anxiety was great - I wish I could explain mine like that! xx

gel
09-08-08, 21:06
I'm new too. Welcome to you. :bighug1:

Alisonj
09-08-08, 23:45
Welcome!

titchjd
10-08-08, 00:30
welcome .....i understans what its like ..Ihave a child and have 2 put on a brave face everyday ..which the tires me out completly ....and i also have fear of fear or havin PA ..I dont have any other reason 2 b anxious im just scared of the feelings i get .

Theres lots of help on here m8
Take care
Titch xxx

kellie
10-08-08, 01:10
Hiya :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here.
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
We all understand here what you are going through so keep posting and we will help you as much as we can.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

missanxious
10-08-08, 04:07
Hello

I'm brand new too - your description of your anxiety sums up how I feel about it exactly. It starts off on one thing and then it develops this whole mind of its own. I sometimes think of it like a little spark which turns into a fire and then any more anxious thoughts become like kindling - my anxiety feeds on it and it all just self perpetuates.

Need some cold water to put it all out but I am really struggling tonight :weep:

Fuzzyollie
10-08-08, 08:53
I'm so happyto meet you all and going through an incredibly difficult time right now, so will be logging on regularly to read advice on coping with extreme times. I'd be interested to hear how many people manage to carry on normal lives with this conditino and how many are completely debilitated - sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who can't manage to get out there and function. Thanks for all your messages.

Jo
:hugs:

Fuzzyollie
10-08-08, 09:03
Hello Miss Anxious - sorry, only just seen your post, hope you managed to make it through the night somehow, it can be a scary time I know, especially the early hours. I'm usually so worn out from holding it together during the day that I get off to sleep quite quickly but then often wake around 4ish like you. Don't know why, but the morning is always the absolute worst part of the day for me and it does tend to get better as evening comes on, wonder if anyone else finds this? Could it be a metabolic thing I wonder? How do you cope when you're feeling like this?

Lindalou64
11-08-08, 12:20
Hello Jo And Welcome Tro The Site, I Wish Ya Well, Linda

Southern_Belle
11-08-08, 19:49
Hi Jo,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support. Glad you are here.

Take care,

Laura

nomorepanic
11-08-08, 21:50
Hi Jo

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

milly jones
13-08-08, 21:38
Hi hun

a warm nmp welcome to u

hope that u gain as much support and help here as i do

love milly xxxx