PDA

View Full Version : E-mail addresses / phone numbers etc

nomorepanic
07-05-05, 17:24
Meg mentioned this to me last night so I thought I would post about it so you are all aware.

As this site does not need you to register to be able to read the posts it means that anyone can read all of the posts in here. This includes search engines that "spider" the site to add to such sites as Google.

If you are giving out your email address or any phone numbers in any posts then please be aware that they can then be picked up by anyone or anything on the internet.

I am not saying that anything bad will happen but potentially your email address could end up receiving some spam.

Don't forget from this site you can send PM's (Private Messages) and emails to each other all securely done and those are all private and cannot be picked up by search engines etc.

It is probably not a good idea to post any phone numbers in here that are for you personally.

Nicola

vernon
07-05-05, 18:32
thanks nic , I think people should take note of this. as u say pm's are safest. cya

seh1980
07-05-05, 20:00
Is this why I get so much spam?? lol. Good point Nic :D

florence
07-05-05, 20:11
Thanks Nic for letting us know.

Florence.

** Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.**

sal
08-05-05, 00:25
Hi Nic

Pleased you have made people aware of that as Meg mentioned it to me before.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Rennie1989
08-05-05, 09:16
Good point, well done Meg

Scooter Girl AKA Jade

Happy go lucky!

mumof4
08-05-05, 17:24
good point nic but i never give my email addy nor my phone no. dont want any viruis in my pc.

maxine
08-05-05, 19:59
The only email addy i have up here is my msn one so if all else fails i can just cancel it ,plus you can block nutters on that lol...

Thanks for the heads up NIc

EmmaJane
08-05-05, 21:21
Thank you for thinking of this. Ill remember that. Well done.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

sal
08-05-05, 23:43
Think that is the best way to keep in touch with people if you want to swap email address or numbers by pm each other.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

nomorepanic
04-03-06, 20:14
Just bringing this post to the active list again to remind people.

Nicola