PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone! =)

Violets
09-08-08, 21:04
It's wonderful be on this forum, and meet people who have anxiety too! =D I'm Violet, and despite sounding happy at the moment, ah, I've been suffering from anxiety for quite some time now.

It's been going on since 2005 I believe, when I developed a swallowing/choking phobia. But to be honest I think in a way I've always had moments where I felt so alone, afraid, or just sad in general, and not understanding why. Still, I am really happy to be able to talk to people who know what these dreadful feelings and emotions are like!

I've gone through a crazy range of problems, from thinking I'll stop breathing, to this week, as my anxiety has beeing coming back to haunt me like mad. My main anxiety is over my health, and despite being a healthy teen, I've had moments when I thought, 'It's the end! It's the end!', over the smallest things like a silly chesty cough or a tight throat.

I guess my main problem is I blow things way out of proportion, and I have little trust in my own opinion about my health. Still, I look forward to getting to know the site better, and maybe helping other people too. Though, you'll probablly see quite a few panic posts from me!

gel
09-08-08, 21:07
I'm new too. Welcome to you. :bighug1:

lorac
09-08-08, 21:13
Hello Violets

:welcome: to the site, I am sure you will meet lots of nice people on here who will offer you good advice and support.

Take care

Carol

Alisonj
09-08-08, 23:43
Welcome!

kellie
10-08-08, 01:08
Hiya :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here.
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
We all understand here what you are going through so keep posting and we will help you as much as we can.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Violets
10-08-08, 14:45
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it! NMP really feels like a lovely place to be with wonderful people too, and I can just feel it from the kind welcome. =) Thanks everyone! Really and truly glad I've signed up.

missanxious
10-08-08, 16:26
Hello Violet
I'm new too, just starting to find my way around the site - it seems such a great resource. Hope it helps you :flowers:

Violets
10-08-08, 20:53
Thank you as well missanxious and tetley! :hugs: :hugs: I definately agree with you on the helpfulness and resourcefulness of this site!

Lindalou64
11-08-08, 12:15
Hello Violet And Welcome To The Site, I Wish Ya Well, Linda

Southern_Belle
11-08-08, 19:42
Hi Violets,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support. Glad you are here.

Take care,

Laura

nomorepanic
11-08-08, 21:54
Hi Violet

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

k774
12-08-08, 16:54
Hi I'm another newbie. This site seems fab and a great resource. Lets hope that by joining we have made the first of many positive steps!

janeybee100
12-08-08, 17:32
Hello

I'm new too - it's reassuring to know that other people suffer with similar problems, and I'm sure we will find lots of helpful information and support here. I look forward to chatting more.

Janey