PDA

View Full Version : Bah, I thought I was over this already...

Gryphoenix
10-08-08, 17:24
I dunno if this new exercise I'm doing is making me generally anxious (cause I have health anxiety and I'm always worried that I overdid it somehow and blew an organ or something and I hate the feeling of being over-tired) but late last night I freaked out over brushing my teeth before I went to bed.

I don't get it--I haven't had any pure-fear blips like this for ages (any time I get uneasy it's due to health anxiety or a specific outside stressor like a test or whatever) and this time I was simply scared of being scared.

I kinda worked myself up into a state--What if I panic? I can't panic, I haven't panicked in months, this will be a setback...What if I panic before I sleep and I can't sleep? I've never panicked at night before! I feel adrenaline rushing through me--what if this keeps me up all night? Here it is again--what if this causes me to have a panic?

Anyway with a racing heart I got disgusted with myself and continued on my nightly duties like getting a glass of water, fixing the room and going to bed. So I had to go to bed full of jitters and adrenaline and a racing heart but I surprsingly did fall asleep. It was hard to quell those fears though...

Where the HECK did this come from, outta nowhere? I feel a bit silly this morning, but I still feel the tiniest bit anxious, the old what if it happens again routine, I'm afraid that I'll feel anxious when I go brush my teeth again, etc... I guess my main fear is: What if I panic again? I know the answer to that: So what? But that doesn't mean I don't WANT it to happen and I hate it...ugh, I guess I just gotta accept it if it does then oh well, no harm no foul.

I got this feeling that panic is following me around secretly--I had JUST had a very nice victory over panic a week ago whilst exercising and doing sit-ups and crunches, and I felt very proud of myself. I think the little thing is out for revenge, lol...>___>

chriscml
10-08-08, 18:05
u said what if u panic u then by u keep saying that u telll ur body that u will panic thats what anxity does to you to get of u mind read book r watch tv i no its hard but it son pass dont b scared of the FEAR

chriscml
10-08-08, 18:07
teh u will start a panic attack if u fear

Gryphoenix
11-08-08, 02:52
Yep I think that's what my problem was, I was unconciously telling myself to be afraid of the panic and adrenaline and also I hurried and ran, and that also told me that I couldn't handle it. Next time I will stand my ground.

Bill
11-08-08, 04:08
When something out of the ordinary happens, we like to analyse what happened, what caused it, will it happan again, what if it happens again and so on and so on until we've covered every permutation and calculation we can think of..............STOP!

When something like this happens, Don't dwell on it, Don't think about it, Don't worry about it, Forget it.............and then it'll forget to bother you again. Worry creates worry, worry keeps anxiety alive.

I know sometimes something can really scare us and then it's hard to forget it happened but if we can adopt a "so what" approach, they Do stop bothering us.

Don't dig holes that make it harder for you to climb out of. Nip the worry in the bud and it won't bloom into something you can't handle.

Phoenix, rather than think about anxiety, think about the next tornado or what Mr. Spock would say! You know what I mean!:winks:

purplehaze
11-08-08, 04:38
When we can live with the worst thing that can happen to us we can overcome all things.
If we fear we do not live
We can have no peace of mind until we accept that which is causing us to fear.
How many times do we fear the worst yet it never happens!!!

Anxiety fear panic only have life because we give life to them, we allow them free rent to live in our heads.

Keep doing the good work that you are doing and be proud of yourself for everything that you have done.

kev x

Gryphoenix
12-08-08, 03:26
Bill: I always feel that I have to protect myself from it happening again, so I read into everything that happens so that I can 'warn' myself if I feel that way again. It was such a random, random thing that really confused me cause it felt like it came out of nowhere, which doesn't usually happen for me. I realize that I've been anxious for the last few days and by 'touching' a second of panic a couple days ago it reminded me of what panic felt like and then I was afraid of that feeling, and then there we go.

But your advice is sound and wonderful as always! :hugs: I can always count on you to help me, and thanks so much for being there! I think it's the best choice--to simply not think about it. I realize now that's how I managed to even get on a plane and go to California a month ago--cause I didn't even think about panic. I think Spock would give me a good talking-to about being illogical! :D

And speaking of tornadoes, we had a lovely set of thunderstorms last night, one right after another for a few hours, just the way I like it.

Purplehaze: What a great way of putting it! >>When we can live with the worst thing that can happen to us we can overcome all things.<< That was my problem--and still is, a little but I'm getting better. I couldn't stand the fact of having a panic attack and I couldn't stand the feeling of my heart racing super fast, and then I feared these things, and then you know the rest.

Thank you all for your kind help, I always and really do appreciate it! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Bill
12-08-08, 03:44
I always feel that I have to protect myself from it happening again

But like all "golden phoenixes", they always find a way to rise again.....and you've proved in the past that you always keep true to your form no matter what fear confronts you.

Live long and prosper golden phoenix and keep enjoying those lightning displays.......from a safe distance of course!!!:winks: :hugs:

Gryphoenix
13-08-08, 19:46
I will be remembering that, it really helps--so what if it happens again, I was okay before and I'll be okay again. :D

And don't worry, I'll keep safe during the fun! Not like the time I was hanging out on the porch outside barefoot in a lightning storm--lol! XD XD XD

:hugs: Live long and prosper Bill! :D :D :D