PDA

View Full Version : Just my luck....

bottleblond
10-08-08, 18:22
Ok if there is one real LIVE thing on this earth that i have a phobia about, then it's wasps!! I am super petrified of the things. Even during all this hot weather-i won't leave my windows or doors open because of the fear i have of them getting into my house.

BUT......

Guess what i have?.......a bleedin wasps nest in my attic as far as i can tell. Everytime i go nto my bathroom-the place is full of them. So i spray wasp killer and run out slamming the door. No sooner have i killed one batch then i have another one. (coming through my ceiling light fitting)

I have just called the council on the off chance they would give me some advice (Sunday) n'all and was told they would have someone out straight away as the wasps are in my living space. I nearly kissed the woman down the phone-i was soooooo relieved. So i'm sat here with bated breath waiting of the enviromenal health blokie, but a tad nervous as to what he may find up there.

My skin is crawling here as i keep thinking something is on me! :wacko:
I could have coped with rats, mice, ear wigs, spiders but ANYTHING but wasps.

ok rant over!!

your shakily
Lisa :smile:

xxxx

gel
10-08-08, 18:38
Nice post and I hope the yellow terrors are gone by Monday. As for me I have no phobias on anything living I like spiders and rats and I own a snake. But even I dislike wasps lol. :shrug:

dawny
10-08-08, 18:53
lisa,

im like you but with spiders...best of luck hun

dawny xxxxx

nikk_dolittle
10-08-08, 18:56
Lisa,

Sorry to hear this, Ness had this 2 weeks ago at hers, and It happened to be a time when I stayied. Ness has the phobia about it too. They were soon gone when they council came.

Just a throught, they might of been the ones that we had here Lol
:hugs::hugs::hugs:
Nikk xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lesleya
10-08-08, 18:57
Omg Lisa you poor thing.
Im terrified of the little beasts. Your braver than me because id have run and left the house until they got rid of the lot. I was stung by one in the neck while i was in a taxi once...didnt half hurt (im a wimp arent i) but ive been mega frightened of them since then.
I hope the enviromental health turn up soon the get rid hun.
Let us know what happens.
Take care.
:bighug1: :bighug1:

jodie
10-08-08, 19:00
ewwww lisa

bloody hell lass lol just the thought of them make me feel sick ..tell you what i would be down the road and not sat there so well done to you lol

jodie xx

hope it gets sorted mate :hugs:

kazzie
10-08-08, 19:15
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Lisa

Are you shot of them now????

Kaz x:hugs:

bottleblond
10-08-08, 19:25
Thanks folks..... The nice man is spraying as we speak... will let you know what heppens once he has left!!

:scared15:

diane07
10-08-08, 20:48
OMG lisa, i'm with les on this i'd have flew the nest and run for the hills, you brave girl, tell him to keep spraying till he can spray no more hun

di xx

bottleblond
10-08-08, 21:00
Ok.....he found nothing in the loft but on checking the outside of the house, he spotted some "wasp activity" just at the beginning of the roof. Sure enough, the little stripey beggers had built a nest between the wall cavity and the facia board just outside my bathroom :ohmy:

So up the ladder he went armed with his bright red marigolds and spray gun, At this point, i bolted into the house incase a stray one decided to aim it's beady little sting and me, i even told the bloke if he didn't get rid of em then he was standing outside my shower cubicle till i got a wash :huh: coughs!! lol

But looks like the job is done but if i still get them have to call him back!!
Bless my council for being sooooo quick and bless that funny bloke they sent to do that horrible job.

Alls well that ends well....................... i HOPE!! :yahoo:

XXXXXXXXX

Coni
10-08-08, 21:00
Oh my god Lisa...you are so brave even staying in the same house when you know theyre there...Id have run screaming.....my stomach is heaving at the very thought....

we had one in the kids playhouse a few years ago....I was gaily chucking stuff in when my sixth sense told me there was something there (you know that feeling?:ohmy: ) ...Well I tell you Ive never moved so fast....I ran screaming, throwing children behind me (the shame:weep: )...and got into the house and locked all the windows and doors...I have to say hubby and kids thought it was hilarious...I mean why was I locking the doors for gods sake???...

anyway like you nice man came with spray and alien suit and got rid of them all....but you really have my sympathy here!!!

Coni XXX

bottleblond
10-08-08, 21:18
lmfao Coni...Bless ye hun, because i so know how you felt... i still feel as if they are touching me and when i look down, nothing is there!!

Wonder if you got the same bloke as me as he is based in Cumbernauld

Oh the joys of mother nature NOT!

xxxx

marie1974
10-08-08, 21:27
hiya and eeewww im glad u shot of them blimin things, my daughter has a huge phobia with wasps and at the moment we looking after a friends boxer dog and she hated it and so scared until that is he caught and ate a wasp in the kitchen today haha now she has decided he can stay cos he has his uses. she is only 4 lol. hugs and hope u managed to sort your pc out in end and not chuck it out window mate haha xx

purplehaze
14-08-08, 03:55
wasps I hate them..They serve no purpose and just fly about like angry dwarfs who hate going to mother care for their clothes.

I was once a window cleaner and as I was up a ladder this wasp flew through a hole in my jeans and stung my bum. I slid down the ladder and took my jeans off, just as the lady of the house came out with her washing. She dropped her washing and ran back to the house, then her husband came out but thankfully he understood my plight and took me into the house and put some vinegar on my butt.....And they are worse just as they are dying coz they just want one last sting

jodie
14-08-08, 06:43
:roflmao: coni that so made me laugh while i was having my coffie this morning lol,and yes i know the shame of running and leaving the kids to save yourself i do it all the time lol:blush:
lisa i have found myself making sure there is nooooo way any can get into my house lol i have had hubby in the loft everything lmao he thinks i am mad but who cares lol as long as they can not get in lol

jodie xxx